LNT display holder

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
generdawg

LNT display holder

Post by generdawg »

Just received the new LNT placard complete with new improved holder sleeve which seems to have the hole for the suction cup in the wrong panel.

WHAT? yours didn't come with a suction cup! believe me, it's in there, but being clear, it's easy to miss in the envelope.

If you wish to suction the sleeve to the inside of the windscreen, then the placard needs to be reversed facing the frosted panel.

Yes, yes I know that a punch hole in the other panel would solve the issue, but I want to return it as faulty just to see if I can stir things up a bit. 8-)

dawg (if you don't know about LNT then you probably don't know the secret handshake either) :lol:
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
supersparky

Re: LNT display holder

Post by supersparky »

Brad, does that mean I will have to read the wonderer to find out about the latest and greatest LNT scheme? We already have 2 other LNT scheme stickers dating from the olden days.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Depends if they have got the mailing out list correct ;) ;) remember they close things before they even start :lol: :lol: plus getting their spelling and meanings of words correct :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dapope

Post by dapope »

We don't need a label to do it :lol: :lol:
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

supersparky wrote:...We already have 2 other LNT scheme stickers dating from the olden days.
Yes Dave, and if memory serves correctly at least one of yours displayed as per regulation, was gloriously engraved on real metal!

On further reflection, I have arrived at the conclusion that the frosted pane (the one with the hole for the suction cup), is indeed the chosen side for display. Those boffins at HQ really know what they are doing and have got it spot on this time - pure genius to provide a non reflective surface which will be readable in difficult lighting.

Only trouble is that they have not provided explicit assembly instructions for hopeless types like me.

Outlined for us 1., 2., 3. and 4., are the steps to complete. We are told to use a tool to engrave our new placard and exactly what details to provide and where, but they have not provided the instrument to perform such operation. I certainly do not keep those kind of exotic items just lying around here!

dawg (who at least knows to use distilled water (again not provided) on the suction cup to get it to adhere to the window glass 8-))
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Appears we will get a new card posted to us to fill out our details annually.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

dawg (who at least knows to use distilled water (again not provided) on the suction cup to get it to adhere to the window glass 8-))[/quote]
OMG :o Is your spit (saliva) sterile, how'd yu do that? 8-)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

Dot wrote:... how'd yu do that? 8-)
Simples* - I use pH protection.

dawg (*have you seen the meerkat** commercial. Wife says the kat says "simples" at the end)
my hearing can't pick it, but I love the **compare the meerkat.com.au :lol: - once in awhile a rare gem comes along.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Who's a clever boy then? :lol: Yep that Meerkat ad is clever. :lol: :D
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

My LNT sticker went when I had to have the windscreen replaced. :(
The new one is HUGE! I don't have the side-glass real estate to accommodate it...
And what happens next year when I'm no longer a member of ****? It has "Property of" ...that organisation... printed on it, and an expiry date.
Does that mean that if I'm no longer a **** member, my LNT lapses? Why should it? And what about the caravan clubs? do their LNTs expire if they drop out of membership?
What change in behaviour is induced by lack of membership in **** or a caravan club which would endanger the LNT scheme?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields