LNT display holder

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Jim

Re: LNT display holder

Post by Jim »

generdawg wrote:Funny thing, I used to be an ambassador for the club. Closing the forum has created anti PR - if there is such a thing.

dawg

I thought being a CMCA member that there were more things than just the forum. Surely that's not the one and only reason that the majority joined the club for?
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

Jim wrote:I thought being a **** member that there were more things than just the forum. Surely that's not the one and only reason that the majority joined the club for?
Yes Jim, the other reason is called INSURANCE. On the road in the early club days I would ask, "are you on the forum", to which the majority (ok, I lie; EVERYBODY) would respond; "what forum, didn't even know there was a forum. I just joined for the INSURANCE"! I soon tired of explaining what a forum was and gave that a miss quick smart. However, I would still expound the vultures (sorry that should be virtues) of the club.

After the demise of the forum I stripped every visible **** association from the bus with the exception of the LNT sticker.

So Jim, apart from the insurance, the answer to the above is NO, there is not based on the members I've run across.

I do realise that perhaps I do not move in the best of circles (after all I'm here aren't I :o and normally I wouldn't belong to a club that would have me as a member, but I've made exceptions in this case 8-) ), so perhaps there is a bigger world out there (excluding chapters), I haven't met yet. Aren't they lucky. :lol:

dawg
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
homeless

Post by homeless »

For me the only assets was the forum.
The people who I respected on the forum are now here or on another forum I belong to and all the ones who I thought did not know what they were poushing even though they thought they knew it all are still on the other one so all is good.
I did not receive the advertorial magazine (it was dumped at the postal address after they checked the forum password for me) and I do not have their insurance after they rejected two calls for assistance after I had problems.
I have soon so much adverse antics by people who say they represent the top of CMCA where they parked where signs said not to and gave stated that they were better than Caravan people and they should not and would not camp or talk to caravan people.
I prefer to mix with all and sundry and enjoy life so don't see me rejoining.
Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

We have actually met lots of people thru displaying the CMCA club badge, "you're in the CMCA,"& friendships have developed from that point, we also have insurance with Ken Tame.

Terry you started this discussion with your post re opting out of the club.
Shirley & Bruce.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

Shirley wrote:Terry you started this discussion with your post re opting out of the club.
Ahh, I beg to differ Shirley. That dubious honour goes to Brian (second post second page) with follow up support from me (third post second page). :lol:

dawg (not to mention the original tongue in cheek start up post number one first page 8-) )
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

OK, My opinion the CMCA is still worth our support, we all have a mind of our own & they have & still are working towards better travel conditions for us all, CMCA members or not.
I only read on from todays posts.
Shirley & Bruce.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

There is a lot to think about before anyone really get's involved in this discussion I think.
The members & potential members are so diverse in their geographical position, preferences, types of vehicles etc that unfortunately one boot doesn't fit all feet.
Regardless of that, I think if members & potential members see some real benefits being provided then the mass exidus will slow down & maybe some ex-members may even rejoin.
There seems to be some VERY serious action about to be undertaken in the way of providing POP facilities. (much still to be considered ofcourse)
I don't see any benefit for now in throwing anymore mud (petrol?). Let's wait & see what happens.
Let the other mob do the infighting! I see it's already started....... C M C *, Fed Election, Greens, etc
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Jim

Post by Jim »

Hmm, censorship seems to be working here. So let me make it plain that I was referring to the C.M.C.A. and not a rude 4 letter word.
Dot

Post by Dot »

I love that 4 lettered word "here" just suits me down to the ground. I don't need any sticker to tell others that know what it means what I am doing in my MH. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

A rude 4 lettered word from Jim :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: was it work??
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.