Qld electricity price rises & CARBON TAX

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
oldtrack123

Qld electricity price rises & CARBON TAX

Post by oldtrack123 »

Hi ALL
An update following the QLD LNP gov decisions on power prices
http://www.businessspectator.com.au/art ... gb&modapt=
It pretty well destroys the B***^#it that a large part of the encrease is due to carbon tax
When will the general public wake up to the crap about the BIG NEW TAX

PeterQ
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Qld electricity price rises & CARBON TAX

Post by T1 Terry »

Hopefully a lot of questions will be asked before the time comes to lodge a vote, some were hell bent on a change of govt, probably needed to clean out the dead wood, and possibly to see that it really could get worse :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

mmm "can't find page" so I guess it never happened?
I know of a person who signed up for & is getting the guaranteed rate of 44c. Someone HAS to pay for that!
For a country that exports so much coal to be charging what the customer has to pay is an outrage!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Busman

Post by Busman »

Makes you wonder where the money is going don't it?
We pay 6 cents per Kw/hr and a fraction of a cent more for the peak hours (still in the sixes though) and locked in for another 18 months.
And on the house we get 52 cents solar rebate for being with AGL.

However the situation would have been even worse under the previous government, as the state (Qld) is basically broke from their prolifigate spending. They scraped every cent from Energex they could for years until it all started to fall down, now we are paying to fix the whole shebang again, but at much higher rates than would have been done if the network had been built and maintained at the time of growth of the state.
William
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
oldtrack123

Post by oldtrack123 »

Busman wrote: [1]
Makes you wonder where the money is going don't it?

[2]
We pay 6 cents per Kw/hr and a fraction of a cent more for the peak hours (still in the sixes though) and locked in for another 18 months.

3]
And on the house we get 52 cents solar rebate for being with AGL.

William

Hi William
[1]
YES ,It does make you wonder BUT IT CERTAINLY IS not due to the carbon tax, AS pushed by some including the Energy minister Mcardle

[2]6cents per kWh ?
I guess THAT means the average domestic user is SUBSIDISING your usage in THAT area [since they pay 27c /kWhr] :(
[3]
Break THAT 52C up
The gov [@ present] are giving you 48c & AGL 4c
But you can be sure that is another agreement the current Qld gov is looking hard at to find a way of tearing the contract/agreement up
Or recover in some other devious way !!!

PeterQ
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

We don't do politics here, do we? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Dot

Post by Dot »

Please explain ;) ;) :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

It's all a scam, the govt agencies grossly exaggerated the peak system requirements so they could get away with charging extra for system upgrades, that they haven't actually done. The peaks don't happen because the locally generated solar smoothes out the peak demands so the outrageous prices electricity generators were getting away with in the past no longer happen, over all they are actually getting less money, yet the power bills are still going up. The 52c per kWh is cheap if they don't suffer peak demands and their associated outrageous prices and don't have to upgrade the system to carry the peak load, it all balances out and everyone still makes money from the solar power generated on suburban roof tops. The thieves with govt backing getting away with only paying a few cents for solar feed in yet charging it back out at 49c kWh to the people in the same street are the ones who should be stood up against the wall :twisted:
Better get off my soapbox before I fall off :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
oldtrack123

Post by oldtrack123 »

T1 Terry wrote:It's all a scam, the govt agencies grossly exaggerated the peak system requirements so they could get away with charging extra for system upgrades, that they haven't actually done. The peaks don't happen because the locally generated solar smoothes out the peak demands so the outrageous prices electricity generators were getting away with in the past no longer happen, over all they are actually getting less money, yet the power bills are still going up. The 52c per kWh is cheap if they don't suffer peak demands and their associated outrageous prices and don't have to upgrade the system to carry the peak load, it all balances out and everyone still makes money from the solar power generated on suburban roof tops. The thieves with govt backing getting away with only paying a few cents for solar feed in yet charging it back out at 49c kWh to the people in the same street are the ones who should be stood up against the wall :twisted:
Better get off my soapbox before I fall off :lol:
Hi Terry
Geez
This one has got you fired up :lol:
But I tend to agree ;)

Just reading ours

Bright clear day
Grid voltage264.3V [very close to auto shut down :( ],every solar in the area working well ,& grid cannot cope due to transformer tap set high to cope with voltage drop due to undersized transmission lines
Present output 3786W
total output so far today 9.82kWhrs for 4.41 hrs on line

PeterQ
Busman

Post by Busman »

Peter,
I don't agree weare bing subsidised. The reality is the real price is low enough for companies like our supplier to make money at that rate.
It is simply economies of scale we use 50K plus worth a year, same as I get a better deal if I buy 20 cars a once, base price of car is still the same.
And yes I understand they would love to knock it on the head, political cost of doing so....................ah, too hard !
William
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !