Web Safety

Please report any problems you encounter so we can get them fixed.
Ted66

Web Safety

Post by Ted66 »

Hi I know you'l possibly say whats the problem, but if you have ever had to replace your computer because a doggy site wrecked your computer you will realise why i'm asking -
Why is my McAfee site advisor shaded grey with a ? & telling me this--
-ozervnews.com
We've tested millions of websites, but we haven't tested this one yet.
Be the first one to submit feedback on it!
Are you the owner of this site? Leave a comment
Contact information: Popularity
A few users
Thats not as bad as some reports that tell me its unsafe but this forum is the only one I have ever been on thats failed to have been checked out withh McAfee site advisor
Ted
Home Is Where You Park it
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Web Safety

Post by BruceS »

Hi Ted. Welcome!
When a new site is created it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few weeks for a site to be assessed by a search engine or a scam/spam filter. I don't use McAfee so I can't help you but if I remember correctly there is a button on the toolbar to "Check This Site" or similar.
Once you or someone else does the check it will then be OK for others too.
We have at least 50 members & no other concerns from them so let me know if you do find any alaem bells ringing please?
Enjoy the site!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Hi Ted & welcome to the Hapy Forum. Sorry I had to pass your post on to the boss to handle but I have no idea about that stuff. I use Sygate and Avira running together and they seem to find anything odd so I've never bothered with the other programs. Hope everything checks out ok or we are gunna have a lot of very pee'd off members :twisted:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Ted66

Post by Ted66 »

[quote="admin"]Hi Ted. Welcome!
When a new site is created it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few weeks for a site to be assessed by a search engine or a scam/spam filter. I don't use McAfee so I can't help you but if I remember correctly there is a button on the toolbar to "Check This Site" or similar.
Once you or someone else does the check it will then be OK for others too.
I have submitted the site for assessing by McAfee- There is a section on their site for the owners on the submitted sit to Comment regarding their site if they so wish. Hopefully after they check my little site advisor will turn green :mrgreen: instead of the grey warning it now shows. This site was referred by members of the soon to be closed OZeRV Forum so hopefully it will grow a lot larger soon.
Ted
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi and welcome Ted. What if any is the significance of your avatar or is that you just dreaming? :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Ted if you are using Internet Explorer you should have the option of going to SAFETY on the toolbar, clicking on SmartScreen Filter & then Check This Website.
It comes up "no problems".
I'd be more worried about these skimming devices that are being found attached to ATM's.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Ted66

Post by Ted66 »

Dot wrote:Hi and welcome Ted. What if any is the significance of your avatar or is that you just dreaming? :D
Strange you mention that as I cannot see the avatar on the site on my computer it only has a blank space so I don't know if Admn has blocked it.
If you can see it it is an old bloke like me in a hammock in a nice quiet beachside spot. I used to have it in a fairly large graphic vinyl sign right across the back of my old caravan it was created by me & the vinyl cut by friend.I will try to attach bigger photo but don't know if its to big
100_11312.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks for that Ted, It shows up every time on here, maybe you have sand in your eyes :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Something wierd going on....... I can't see it.
I've messaged Ted.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Wow I do have "the power to see all" Knew I was a goddess, kneel before me you surfs :lol: