Forum sticker

Post here if you have some suggestions on improving the forum.
Chuck

Re: Forum sticker

Post by Chuck »

At the risk of sounding negative - which is certainly not the intention - our forum name, to a non or intermittent traveller may not imply what we know it to be... Aussie RV News... there is no visual tag to grasp the viewers thought process.

For example, another forum I'm a member of - ulysses rv group - an offshoot of the Ulysses Club (social club for motor cyclists over 40) who either no longer ride or have branched out into travels with either a caravan, motorhome or bike & trailer.
UlyssesRV.gif
The charactures of the RV vehicles give the relevant visual information which the name ulyssesrv - by itself - does not.

Thoughts... ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

You old fox Mr Chuck, are you over 40 :shock: :shock:
I think your post made a lot of good sense, I like it. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Dot wrote:You old fox Mr Chuck, are you over 40 :shock: :shock:
:D
Only in Cm - around the waist ! ;) ;) ;)
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
Almost 1 year back there was discussion on the Forum with regards towards having a Forum Sticker.
Chuck put forward a good suggestion, and included a pic of the Ulysses RV Group Sticker.

UlyssesRV.gif
UlyssesRV.gif (20.94 KiB) Viewed 29 times

Question- 1 : Could the wording Ulysses RV Group be replaced with the wording OzeRvNews, and the web address www.ozervnews.com included on the sticker.

Question 2: Would it be possible to have [say] 50 stickers produced at a reasonable cost.
Fifty stickers would give 25 members an identity (1 each Front and Back of the vehicle).
Perhaps an additional sticker could be displayed on the rear window of a Toad, or on the rear of a Trailer if one is being towed.

My thoughts on the design are that the name/title is OzeRvNews and although there are several [ethnic] N.Z. Members in our lot; the name is after all OZERVNEWS.

I don't feel that there is any necessity to have the long-white-cloud on the proposed stickers. just my personal thoughts-please don't take offense.

The Green/Yellow colour format would be readily obvious, and would'nt clash with the vehicle [base] colour.

It is almost 1 year since the initial posting, and there was some discussion and suggested designs/wording posted by a few Members; however I could not find any follow-up action .

Perhaps I have missed some notification advising of the outcome, and Forum Stickers were made.
If this is the case then how do I obtain 3 stickers to identify my vehicle as a Forum Member.

To expand the proposal: Could some consideration also be given to having handout cards made available for Members to give to other RV's we encounter along the road, or share a campsite with. If this suggestion is given favorable consideration a quantity of cards could be posted out to Members in the same envelope as the stickers.

I am able to produce laminated cards to hand out if this proposal is considered and approved by the powers to be. I could make the cards and post a bulk lot to Admin for distribution.
I can even supply Pensioner Concession Postage Stamps now that I am registered with Australia Post for concession postage, and I now have the magic plastic card to obtain the postage discount.

Posted for Admin consideration.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Worth another look imho... 8-) 8-)
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Nice collection which one? :?:
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here again---
I'm going for the one Chuck put forward [Ulysses type with the caravan and motorhome outline on it] but modified to read OZeRVnews and the inclusion of the Forum Web Address. i.e. www.ozervnews.com.au
The lettering Ulysses & Members could be replaced with the wording FORUM MEMBER to keep everything in balance and to identify us to each other --- and more important -- to promote the Forum to the [unintiated] RV Fraternity.

As I have restarted this old post; I hope it does not turn into a "mine is better than yours", and an Administration Decision is made that will permit an early approval; so that we can get some positive action towards making these available in the short term.

At this stage, it is a too late to have the stickers produced and distributed to the Members [those who would display them] for the Easter period when the RV Traffic may peak.

With a little effort we could have the Stickers (and the proposed Forum Introduction Cards) available by June in time for my 76th birthday. Admin could then send me a few as a birthday present.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Image Image Image Image
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Can I put in a revamp of my earlier sticker for consideration as well?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

We need to make a descision. I suggest a poll, T1s and Chucks and any others by the end of the week.
I will put up $20 towards the cost of printing.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..