July 2013 photos

Please feel free to post any of your favorite photos here for our monthly competition.
No limit on how many per month and subject unlimited (at this stage!) and should be taken by yourself or anyone else around you. (not from a glossy magazine etc)No chat on here please...
Greynomad

Re: July 2013 photos

Post by Greynomad »

That's SA time, Dot.
Eastern Standard Time was 11.50pm.
:P
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Picky picky picky :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Thankyou all for posting such inspiring photos!!!
Competition for July will now be locked for judging.

8-)
All the entries for July can be viewed all in the same width and all on the same page at ....
http://www.ozervnews.com/photojul13.htm

The winner of last month has picked out photo number 3 as the winner for July 2013.
It was a photo taken by Chuck (or his navigator?) of an eagle that was disturbed as it enjoyed a meal of fresh mangled kangaroo on the roadside.
The ability to catch the bird in flight in front of the vehicle is amazing in itself!!!

Congratulation Chuck!!!
The%20eagle%20has%20panicked%20024.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Macca

Post by Macca »

Congrats old fella- great shot by the Navigator!
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

BruceS wrote:The ability to catch the bird in flight in front of the vehicle is amazing in itself!!!
Agree - good one Chuckie. :D

Catching them photographically is a challenge which unfortunately based on the number on the side of tarmac, doesn't seem to be a problem for fast moving vehicles. :o

Was told that unlike crows, in order for eagles to alight, they need to be headed upwind. If [edit: you are] travelling down wind, that means they have to take flight into your path - lots of close calls at best, and well, ...you get the picture. (no pun). :(

dawg
Last edited by generdawg on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Thanks for the kind words folks.

Actually, 'twas me that took the piccy... Navigator was driving &, anyway, she has trouble simply holding my camera - being a mollydooker (left handed).

It was my first attempt at using the 'action' setting.

Just pointed & pressed the button... pure arse! :lol:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Macca

Post by Macca »

You said that! Not us LOL
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Chuck,
I enlarged the two final contenders to the point of pixellation, and at the step before that happened, yours had the focal plane centred on the wedgie. I thought that was amazing, assuming auto-focus and the time between setting that and taking the shot from a moving vehicle!
However, the technical aspect was #3 to 'subject' & 'action/composition'.
Getting more like a camera club every day, eh? :cry:
Next, we'll be demanding camera make & model, lens used, f-stop & shutter speed! :? 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Greynomad wrote:Chuck,
I enlarged the two final contenders to the point of pixellation, and at the step before that happened,yours had the focal plane centred on the wedgie. I thought that was amazing, assuming auto-focus and the time between setting that and taking the shot from a moving vehicle!
However, the technical aspect was #3 to 'subject' & 'action/composition'.
Getting more like a camera club every day, eh? :cry:
Next, we'll be demanding camera make & model, lens used, f-stop & shutter speed! :? 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: :shock: Well if that's what you have to focus on to win stay tuned :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Yeah... my shutter speed is not what it used to be, like most things as you get older - reaction times tend to be a little slow... especially in the area of the foofal valve!!! :lol: :lol:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.