Banal .. Open to any topic on and off topics etc

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Greynomad

Re: Banal .. Open to any topic on and off topics etc

Post by Greynomad »

I once received a call like Dot’s.
“Windows tech support here. We have detected a problem with your computer. Would you like me to correct it remotely?”
I kept him on the phone for about 10 minutes discussing what effects the problem would cause, was there a keyboard shortcut I could use, where he thought the problem originated, etc.
Then asked him what antivirus software he’d recommend for my MacBook.
Funny, he hung up on me without answering... :lol:

Joy's usual response to calls like that (we've had a few on her phone) is to say, "Well, that's really interesting. I don't own a computer." Then she hangs up. :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
GregnDee

Post by GregnDee »

Ha....I see, on my return to de fold, that you guys and gals are still incorrigibly non pc!

Just lurking for a while.....

But be warned....

I’m B A C K.......

Dee...
And Greg of course xx
Dot

Post by Dot »

Bruce, what is a De fold when it is at home??? Good to see you back again Dee aka Paella lady :D Tell us what you have been up to up there and every where else :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GregnDee

Post by GregnDee »

‘Ow long ya got missus.....

Nutshell....bought an ol Queenslander....they’re all old ain’t they....so busy working on that.ideal base once we start travelling again.

Gotta job caretaking a 86 house Estate....I think everyone knows that..

Took myself off to England then Bulgaria recently ....dancing holiday, did my knee in....fracture which can’t be put on a caste, plus torn ligament....so I can’t wash up now....lol....actually I can get about a bit

Changed our eating regime, now low carb, I’m losing weight but Greg still pigs out on bread and stuff he shouldn’t.

Paella no longer on my list of eats....though I did make a vegetarian one recently without rice....not the same.

Lots of new babies in my English family, good reason to go see them, and escape quick.

Still like to do crazy things. 70th birthday was in March so now a real old tart....or crone is a better description!

Greg 70 in November.....yea, I’m older’n ‘im as he keeps reminding me....

Hi everyone! Xxxxx

Dee
And the big boy
Dot

Post by Dot »

Pics would be nice as well Dee :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GregnDee

Post by GregnDee »

I’ll do.....butt figure ou how.

Heading for bed now..nite nite xxxx
Dot

Post by Dot »

GregnDee wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:43 pm I’ll do.....butt figure ou how.

Heading for bed now..nite nite xxxx
OK goodnight D
Dot

Post by Dot »

Poor ol HTFFBO is not been 100% healthy the past week or two so she has been told in no uncertain terms to Stay in bed, lots of rest take her pills and potions as directed, and just take it easy BUT if you knew Helen like I know Helen you will understand :roll: She has her stepdaughters wedding this Sat so she needs to be fit enough to have a good time. So how about you all get stuck into her and tell her to behave. :lol:
Dot

Post by Dot »

Today I had to get out of the house so off to where all females go I went (with no Beau in sight) to the hairdressers of course :D While I was getting the frazzled dropping out strands tidied up a bit I mentioned to my hairdresser that the person that cut Helens hair didn't really do a good enough job as what she asked for but Helen wasn't comfy with saying anything . Upshot of this is, the other girl is new there and she has some "issues" ?? so the outcome Helen gets a free haircut from my hairdresser :) So Monday Helen and I are off for a "girls" day out to do what ever we want or need to do with no men to be heard groaning in the background, shuffling of feet, saying "I'm hungry", are we going home yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

While I was out some one sort of "known to us here" person left a homosexual caravan in the yard :shock: George being George even asked the nice man and lady inside for cuppa and a biscuit then they headed off in their car to pastures closer to town. Hmmmm who could they be?? Is it sexist to call a van a "homosexual" ??? Arh who cares :lol: :lol:

When I was checking my receipt and putting the stuff away I noticed a mistake (overcharged) so I rang the store to tell them, so as we are passing by tomorrow we shall drop in to sort it out. They charged me for 4 plants instead of 2.
What a whinging day I have had but at least the businesses' have been good to deal with.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Good to see the drugs are still taking effect Dot?
Got no idea what any of your post was about? ;) :lol:
BruceS
Mannum, SA