It would be nice to rave good news about my rig..but...

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
generdawg

Re: It would be nice to rave good news about my rig..but...

Post by generdawg »

Dot wrote:.... There are no friends in business is there?...
I've been reading this saga, just waiting for the next instalment and I can't wait to see the movie. Hey pelbo, do you know when it's due for release?

dawg (hey Dot, is Chuckie letting you quote him? :lol: )
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

generdawg wrote:
Dot wrote:.... There are no friends in business is there?...
I've been reading this saga, just waiting for the next instalment and I can't wait to see the movie. Hey pelbo, do you know when it's due for release?

dawg (hey Dot, is Chuckie letting you quote him? :lol: )
Hmm... thought my Old Man had patented that - You have no friends in business - obviously not! :roll:

Bugger... missed out on another bunch of $$$ !!
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
RussellB[SA]

Post by RussellB[SA] »

I have just caught up with this saga and can only shiver that I and my friends haven't been caught as badly as you, I do hope it works out for you in the quickest possible timeframe.

Over the years I have come to the conclusion:

* Salespeople only want to sell, they may have alot of experience or none its Buyer beware.
* I have viewed "top" brands and everyone else's product and have come to the conclusion that the products were never meant to be viewed in the daylight.
* Even on show vehicles/vans/trailers I have seen "crappy" work and design and what ever you do never ever look under the body, sheesh!!
* They are all making vans in tough competition and use the same components but build them using the cheapest labour. I'm am convinced they employ grade 6 work experience kids to build, if not design most some of these brands.
* Yes sales people only tell you what you want to hear, even though it's bleedingly obvious that its wrong, "yes we can", ("subject to" under their breath), sign here please, of course it will be delivered as scheduled what could go wrong??

Me, I'm cynical, but I won't wait for it to come from the factory, its available for sale now or not or I walk, (that applies to everything).

P.S we're Jayco people because the Co-pilot likes the look, but we have never had any service or warranty issues and nwither have our three fellow travelling companions , not to say they product were perfect but Jayco service was good.

Sorry for ranting after all it is your post.

Best Wishes

Russell
Russell Barter from South Australia AKA "Death on Wheels"
Mitsubishi Challenger towing a Jurgen 2406 Caravan. Its all about fun with friends travelling our great country.
GregnDee

Post by GregnDee »

Greg and I are wondering how its all going with your rig. It's really bad news for Sunland, as we've told a few people already!

We also agree that it seems to be inexperienced fitters....that don't help the situation.....Greg always has something he has to so to fix irritating little issues...today it's the screw a at the bottom of the rail that holds up the awning...come loose...not screwed in properly when we had a new awning. Plus a hinge on the generator box has fallen off! Little things I know, nothing like the problems you're getting.

Best of luck
Greg and Dee
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

pelbo wrote:...I have spent most of my spare time today writing a full report to the ABC...
As I said, can't wait for the movie to be released. Will it be X rated and come with the usual ABC warning, cautioning viewers of possible scenes of deceased or disfigured caravans? :o
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Geez Paul. Seems like only yesterday you were pleased as punch picking up your new van. I remember looking through your posted photos and thinking "You lucky bugger".

Sorry to hear it has all gone pear shaped on you both but and hope it all works out in the end for you.
Forest

Post by Forest »

You have my deepest sympathy and can only imagine what a terrible nightmare this must be for you and your wife. Stress at mature age is the last thing you want or need. Stress really pays havoc with your health.

Second from bottom of page http://rvma.com.au/our-team/
Roy-Wyss
Independent Director
With a background in automotive mechanical engineering, IT and network engineering, Roy Wyss is also qualified in business management, event management and sales training. Since 2003 he has been Managing Director of Sunland Australia RV Pty Ltd, incorporating Sunland Caravans and since 2011 Phoenix Caravans. Roy Wyss is passionate about the RV industry, a strong advocate for local manufacturing and skilled job creation, and an active contributor to RVMA in both formal and informal roles.

The reference to the RVMA(A) badge on rigs is referred as 'the badge of doom'. Not a coincidence at all the biggest RV manufacturer in Australia is not an RVMA member and offers the best after sales and warranty service in Australia. If you want good warranty and after sales service DO NOT BUY from RVMA member. Admin:Some of them perhaps?
Last edited by BruceS on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Slight disclaimer added!!
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

NOTE FROM ADMIN
Folks I initially hesitated about allowing this type of thread for fear it might generate into a "let's get him" type of campaign.
I decided there's nothing wrong with the facts and the truth being published. (assuming the poster takes responsibility and has the facts of course)
I see now a couple of extra posts have been added.
If the original poster (Pelbo) has further information or proceedings to add to his case, and his attempts to get satisfaction from the manufacturer in question, I will unlock the topic for him to add it.
In the meantime I'm going to lock it from further discussion after I delete a couple of posts.
This is simply a precaution to minimise any/all possibilities of action against Pelbo or the owners/moderators of the forum.
We hope you understand?

Thankyou...
BruceS
Mannum, SA