Banal?... election?

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
BruceS
Site Admin

Banal?... election?

Post by BruceS »

About to be announced?
7th Sept is the favourite?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Re: Banal?... election?

Post by Dot »

Should have put this in the Banal thread :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Will that still allow Kevin Rudd to attend the G20 conference as the Aust prime minister?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Who gives a ************** (fill in your own thoughts)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I just think this will be the driving force that determines when Kevin calls the election. he spend a lot of effort getting the next G20 summit to be held in his home town, Brisbane, so he will want to be at the G20 summit this yr to take the handing over to Aust to host the next summit, his ego will demand it :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Ego? Ego?
Does Kevin have an ego?
Whodathoughtit???
:twisted: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :o
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Jim

Post by Jim »

Don't forget that Kevin747 was one of the founders of the G20! Always big noting himself!
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I have a souvenir polo shirt bought at what was in the 1800s the Imperial Hotel, Nobby, Qld (about 40km south of Toowoomba), when Steele Rudd used to sit in a corner, writing his "On Our Selection" series...
It is now known as "Rudd's Pub" - a marketing effort by the new publican, no doubt.
You would be amazed at the number of Queenslanders who stop me and ask, "Does Kevin own a pub, too?" :roll:
When I answer, "Not Kevin, Steele." I am mostly met with blank stares. :oops: Even though on the shirt it says "Home of Dad & Dave!"...
In Queensland, if it ain't Queensland-based, RFL or State of Origin, it ain't important. When the change of PM occurred recently, the headlines weren't "Julia's been Rolled" but "Kevin's Back"!
We didn't even hear of the Wellington earthquake on TV news... State of Origin was the lead item. I had to get the NZ quake info from ABC News on-line! :(
If anything, Queenslanders are more football-mad than Victorians... and we thought a move north for winter would take us away from AFL/VFL/round-ball football (soccer, to you & me) and all the permutations thereof.
Nup! We got deeper into the football poo! (And no, that's not a typo!)
:evil: :(
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Jim

Post by Jim »

Greynomad wrote:I have a souvenir polo shirt bought at what was in the 1800s the Imperial Hotel, Nobby, Qld (about 40km south of Toowoomba), when Steele Rudd used to sit in a corner, writing his "On Our Selection" series...
It is now known as "Rudd's Pub" - a marketing effort by the new publican, no doubt.
You would be amazed at the number of Queenslanders who stop me and ask, "Does Kevin own a pub, too?" :roll:
When I answer, "Not Kevin, Steele." I am mostly met with blank stares. :oops: Even though on the shirt it says "Home of Dad & Dave!"...
In Queensland, if it ain't Queensland-based, RFL or State of Origin, it ain't important. When the change of PM occurred recently, the headlines weren't "Julia's been Rolled" but "Kevin's Back"!
We didn't even hear of the Wellington earthquake on TV news... State of Origin was the lead item. I had to get the NZ quake info from ABC News on-line! :(
If anything, Queenslanders are more football-mad than Victorians... and we thought a move north for winter would take us away from AFL/VFL/round-ball football (soccer, to you & me) and all the permutations thereof.
Nup! We got deeper into the football poo! (And no, that's not a typo!)
:evil: :(
...and where are the Qld teams on the NRL ladder?
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Third rung up on the green aluminium one. :roll: :lol:

:? HOW SHOULD I KNOW?
I don't even like AFL. :evil:

We try to be somewhere out of radio/TV range in late September every year...

Once, we managed to fail to find out the winner of a football match of some apparent note until the 7pm ABC news on the following Tuesday! (Purposely remained up the bush & incommunicado on the Sunday & Monday nights. ;) )

I have a maroon windcheater which is very cozy, but despite the need to rug up against an unseasonally cold & wet Brisbane winter, I was not game to wear it, as maroon is the colour of one of the teams up there that seems to be all-pervasive. I did not want to give people the incorrect impression that I even care about their stupid game.
People even repaint the facades of their houses in maroon at this time of year! :shock:
At least I have a certificate that says I'm sane. :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields