Got a letter...

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
generdawg

Got a letter...

Post by generdawg »

An email really. Came from a familiar source widely known on another forum and forwarded by an equally known comrade. Contents spruiked the preferred choice of candidate for the upcoming xxxx election.

I asked advice (subtlety), on voting in another thread, but alas I was too subtle or the viewers too discrete to oblige.

So I'll put it out here; other than the one already espoused, are there any preferences as to whom a certain friend of ours may like as a fellow board member?

dawg (who knows one to vote for, but just needs the other)
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Got a letter...

Post by T1 Terry »

Why not ask the friend direct who he would prefer to work with out of those who put their hands up. I received a similar email, and I isn't even a member any more :lol: but if it could really pull the club back out of the hole it's dug itself then I might consider rejoining and adding my vote, just for the sake of the club. After 14yrs membership it would be a poor effort on my part if I didn't make that last ditched attempt to get it back on track.
There is one friendly face we know of, if he named another 2 like minded thinkers and they got across the line then they would have the balance of power. One must still wonder how the 2 candidates names in the email ended up with the last 2 spots on the ballot paper.... but this isn't the forum for such conspiracy theories eh :lol:

I’ll probably get a letter now, written enough to myself, someone else’s turn to send me one
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

The majority believe that Keith's preference would be for Garry Lee & Ken Kipping to be the elected ones.
A few that wish to progress this organisation have spoken to Keith at various times & have had a similar 'indication' along those lines.
Garry's election to the Board would be a major step in the right direction rather than a step back to "the old guard" & the baggage that goes with it.
Gary Rebgetz has done a LOT of wonderful things for this club but has been on the Board and we probably need to move on and forward.
Fresh blood, fresh ideas, modern ideas........

Now I'll get a letter too............
BruceS
Mannum, SA

dapope

Post by dapope »

Not had a letter;-) but thanks Bruce, now I know how to mark the ballot paper!
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

T1 Terry wrote:Why not ask the friend direct who he would prefer to work with...
I have an email sitting in my draft folder just waiting to be sent. I hesitated because I thought it might be putting them at risk having something in writing hanging over their head with the potential to bite them if something went south. I know that I wouldn't want it in writing that I guaranteed the sky would never fall. lorl

dawg (who thought about a personal phone call too, but clucked out little time [yes, there is a pun in there somewhere])
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I'm with Bruce and Keith regarding Garry Lee and Ken Kipping but please be advised that for votes to be formal an X beside each of the two candidates preferred is required, not 1 and 2.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

dapope wrote:Not had a letter;-) but thanks Bruce, now I know how to mark the ballot paper!
If anyone wants a copy please let me know?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Ok i agree we with your choise and will put xx like george said ok
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
RussellB[SA]

Post by RussellB[SA] »

We need fresh blood, if you were on the board when they closed the forum and threatened legal action you were part of the problem not the solution for the future.

I have voted accordingly.

:roll:
Russell Barter from South Australia AKA "Death on Wheels"
Mitsubishi Challenger towing a Jurgen 2406 Caravan. Its all about fun with friends travelling our great country.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

RussellB[SA] wrote:... if you were on the board when they closed the forum and threatened legal action you were part of the problem...
I agree Russell, IF everyone voted the SAME. If not, then I guess you get tarred with the same brush despite your efforts. :(

dawg