Got a letter...

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Got a letter...

Post by T1 Terry »

RussellB[SA] wrote:We need fresh blood, if you were on the board when they closed the forum and threatened legal action you were part of the problem not the solution for the future.

I have voted accordingly.

:roll:
Hmmm.... there was a lot more to that, a lack of control, vision and fore thought at high levels may be the safest way to put it, still related to outdated thinking all the same though.
Has the active club as a whole moved it’s thinking forward and the board stayed in the past, or is there a much bigger problem that is spread throughout the clubs active core, I guess this election will be the telling point.
The membership put it’s faith in one member before and got burnt, it took a while for them to trust another from outside the circle, he has battled great odds including ill health but come out steadfast and strong, let’s hope the membership are willing to try a second time to turn the ship around.

If I put many more vaguarities and metaphors in there I will forget what it was all about :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

T1 Terry wrote:If I put many more vaguarities and metaphors in there I will forget what it was all about :lol:
Sokay Terry, us ol dawgs know what yer on about. :lol:
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Even some old pussies also know ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Kelvin12

Post by Kelvin12 »

Can't vote at this stage, but I know where I would be putting the X

Been wondering when this email would get a mention.....keep it going and doing the rounds we need to dump the deadwood and the model T attitude..

Dirk
Dot

Post by Dot »

I got a letter today from my son Gary and an account from Ken so I wrote back to them ;) :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Got my answer back from Michelle at CMCA HO, too late to join and get a vote, july 16 cut off date for renewing or new members and still get a vote, so that ends that ;) they also want an extra $16.50 to rejoin 'cause my membership is lapsed more than 12 mths... even if I took out another 5yr or 10 yr membership renewal..... doesn't really matter anyway, I was omly going to rejoin to vote and see if it made a difference.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Kelvin12

Post by Kelvin12 »

Good way for them to get old members back into the fold eh.... Thought they were on a memberships drive. Wouldn't it be worth enticing old members back again, guess not.

Dirk
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

Membership drive was for May/June only, August Wanderer page 6. Membership grows at average 750 per month, but attrition is NOT quoted. But wait! there's more - fuel vouchers just like Woolies and Coles. :lol:
membership drive.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

generdawg wrote:But wait! there's more - fuel vouchers just like Woolies and Coles. :lol:
But only for selected members Brad. :?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Kelvin12

Post by Kelvin12 »

Hope this push isn't dying. Has any one heard anything further or from the "other" forum postings.

Dirk