Got a letter...

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Got a letter...

Post by BruceS »

Not a lot of info anywhere Dirk.
I sent an email out to a group of people that are considered "level headed sensible people" who don't run off at the mouth to canvas their thoughts in regards to an "election campaign" for the candidate that most consider to be GOOD for future progress.
I only got one reply basically telling me it's too late to do anything now.
When I brought up the same subject a couple of months ago I got told "wait till the 500 word articles are released" !!
The majority of those on the forums either have voted or know who the probably should NOT elect.
It's the ones out there that don't get involved in any sort of gatherings that really need to be canvassed. (in my opinion)
There are a lot of our mates travelling & spreading the word at present that may help a lot. I won't name names here.
They might like to post here. I, personally, would like to thank those that are spreading the word!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Kelvin12

Post by Kelvin12 »

I think that's where were missing a lot of valuable communication these days, different forums and members like myself who aren't interested in chapters or rallies. Since the banning of the old CMHC forum we all seem to have drifted to the different groups for various reasons. We need a few that are members of both forums and various chapters to let us all know what's going on out there. Hope we aren't going to miss the boat on this one.

When is the vote anyhow.

Dirk
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

BruceS wrote:It's the ones out there that don't get involved in any sort of ...
Bruce

It's my experience that the MAJORITY of members join only for the insurance and of those, nothing is known of the forum.
I'd rather herd cats than try to motivate indifference.

I joined for the insurance, but found an attachment to the xxxx forum. All the rest was of no interest and now the forum is defunct - well there is little that keeps me there and certainly nothing to motivate me. However, one lives in hope I guess.

So good luck with nailing jelly to the wall. :(

dawg
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yes it's the apathy of the majority of members that sometimes can be a problem.
It's not deliberate though I'm sure.
A lot of people just prefer to "hang off the coat tails" of those doing the 'work'. They can't be bothered or simply don't have the time to be involved in what they see as "petty politics". That's understandable and accepted.
I think it would only take a polite, not pushy, letter/email asking for their support to help improve things (as we see it?).
Most people would be more than willing to support those trying to do the hard yards as long as it didn't waste their time or money.
Some trying to stimulate others into action have tried the abusive stand over tactics to show up those not willing to help the cause.
That tactic will always fail in my opinion.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

generdawg

Post by generdawg »

BruceS wrote: 1) the apathy of the majority of members 2) A lot of people just prefer to "hang off the coat tails" of those doing the 'work'. 3) Some trying to stimulate others 4) abusive stand over tactics ... That tactic will always fail in my opinion.
1) it's not apathy if their intention was insurance only and never purposed to join a "club"
2) then there is the 90/10 rule; 90 percent of people are willing to let 10 percent do it for them [and yes, includes me too]
3) leaders are born [and there are few natural ones], not made
4) fear is a poor motivator.

dawg
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
RussellB[SA]

Post by RussellB[SA] »

BruceS wrote:Not a lot of info anywhere Dirk.
I sent an email out to a group of people that are considered "level headed sensible people" who don't run off at the mouth to canvas their thoughts in regards to an "election campaign" for the candidate that most consider to be GOOD for future progress.
I only got one reply basically telling me it's too late to do anything now.
When I brought up the same subject a couple of months ago I got told "wait till the 500 word articles are released" !!
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I remember :roll:

We get what we deserve don't we.
Russell Barter from South Australia AKA "Death on Wheels"
Mitsubishi Challenger towing a Jurgen 2406 Caravan. Its all about fun with friends travelling our great country.
Dot

Post by Dot »

As for me I along with a few others tried to get some things happening for the advantage of us all but we were well and truly shot down before we could turn the page. This has happened twice for me now so the old saying holds.. Once bitten twice shy. I will support anyone's attempts to improve things if I agree with them.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

No Dawg, we didn't joint for the insurance (they didn't insure caravans when we inquired anyways). We joined only because we felt that as the biggest rv club that seems to have some form of voice with government people, our membership would add to the voice. We were hoping to see a more realistic voice about freedom camping etc, but they do more for the rv-ing public than any other group.
As we cant vote, we have to trust that those who do, are using their vote wisely and we have to take what is given.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

dream4red wrote:... we have to take what is given.
I ticked the *bottom box for you and the next up for me. :lol:

dawg (*those with ballet papers will know. hint: compliment, you chose wisely. 8-) )
Dot

Post by Dot »

Dot wrote:I got a letter today from my son Gary and an account from Ken so I wrote back to them ;) :lol:
Oh did I repeat myself? ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.