new here jacko

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
jacko

new here jacko

Post by jacko »

Gday I we have been caravanning since 2006 now on our third Jayco and tow with a navara ute
jacko
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Re: new here jacko

Post by norman »

Welcome aboard jacko. enjoy the ride. Hows about a few piccies of your rig...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
jacko

Post by jacko »

our current rig
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Hi & welcome Jacko!
Love the van!
Are you well set up for bush camping? ;) ;)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Hi Jacko, welcome from us as well. Seems the other members of the admin team were off doing something else, sorry about the delay to approve your last post.
Only one more to go and then they don't need approval any more, just our method of stopping spam rubbish being posted on the forum, no matter how many they put up at the same time, the first 3 must be approved by an admin person, stops the spammers in their tracks 8-)

T1 Terry & Margaret
I see Bruce is back now :D
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi Jacko nice to see you here. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Thanks for the welcome no problem with the delay the van is setup for 2 or 3 days free camping van has 2 eighty litre water tanks and two 100ah deep cycle batteries its wired for solar but no panels so far haven't needed it as we haven't run out of power the batteries are charged by DC to DC smart charger and are taking longer to charge now that I have two. I took the single 100ah out and put it in the portable pack I keep in the back of the ute which supplies power to portable 55 litre fridge freezer when camping which will keep stuff frozen on the freezer cycle for 2 days. I did have a big Yamaha generator and used it once when previous van setec failed sold it recently. We run 2 tv and vast box and still haven't run out of power. The van didn't come with LEDs and are half way though changing them all. Van is 2010 Stirling with front club lounge and washing machine. Two projects in the pipeline is to quieten the water pump it sounds like a machine gun at night when free camping and to install a water heater to air to heat the inside of the van when free camping other than that I'm pretty happy with the setup.
Jacko
jacko

Post by jacko »

Just realised i posted a different photo supposed to be with van and ute
Dot

Post by Dot »

No worries Jacko just post another pic, we like looking at pics here and I'm sorry you had to wait to get posts approved but we left things for Terry cause he is always slacking off and that is my excuse and I am sticking to it :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Good one jack like to here more stories of your travell ok
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini