Michael is a new member.

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
murphm1

Michael is a new member.

Post by murphm1 »

G’day to Ozervnews Forum,
Is there room for me to squeeze in at this ‘Happy Hour’? I’ve just this minute joined this forum. It is good to see a lot of familiar user names and I can see that this is a ‘Happy’ forum. (I can’t stand violence or angry people).
I’m from the old CMCA forum but I was mainly a viewer not a poster. I was disappointed when it closed. I gained a lot of information from just reading on there.
If somebody can explain how to put a picture on the forum I will post a picture of our Motorhome and give some descriptions. I would also like to add a signature and aviator but I do not know how. (please keep it simple and step by step).
Thanking you all…… Michael L. Murphy. Dubbo. NSW
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Re: Michael is a new member.

Post by norman »

Welcome aboard Michael. Go to user control panel to do your avitar. To post a piccie prees new posy or the reply button then upload attacthment, browse, what ever you upload may need a resize. Think im right maybe somebody else can explain better.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Welcome to the forum Michael, hope you enjoy it here. It will take a while for the knowledge base to build up again but hopefully without the other stuff intertwined.
If you use the "browser" button located at the bottom of the reply window and locate a photo on you computer smaller than a few hundred Kb, double click on it and it will load up, then click "add the file"
The put the cursor (annoying flashing bit that tells where the next bit of typing will appear) when you want the photo appear then click place in line
icon_lol.gif
Hopefully that worked, you can have a look in "Preview" to see what it looks like

There is a thread running here some where about putting avatars up. The signature part in User Control Panel, Profile on the left menu, Edit Signature in the menu on the left.

T1 Terry
Knew I'd forget the spell checker part :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
murphm1

Post by murphm1 »

Thank you Terry and Norman, I'll try all of that when I get more time.
(Terry where is the spell check?)

Michael.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

murphm1 wrote:Thank you Terry and Norman, I'll try all of that when I get more time.
(Terry where is the spell check?)

Michael.
Spell checkers in Word on my computer 'cause I can't spell and my one finger typing a shocking at times so I try to remember to cu a paste any posts into word just to be sure I've got them all out.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi Michael and welcome from me as well.. :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Michael if you look up the top righthand side you will find the FAQ. (Frequently Asked Questions)
It will take you here. http://www.ozervnews.com/forum/faq.php
Looking through that list will explain a lot of the functions available to you.
Anytime you like you can contact admin@ozervnews.com & ask for help.
Enjoy your time here & join in the fun.
BruceS
Mannum, SA