Record fuel prices & opinions

Post here if you have some suggestions on improving the forum.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Record fuel prices & opinions

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote:There are still places that still do all that forecourt service, I nearly collapsed while in NZ last yr, pulled in a service station in Albany (Nth shore Auck) and there she was as soon as we pulled in, filled the car, washed the windscreen and even asked if I wanted the oil water and tyres checked. :D :D
What did you say to that Dottie, "how do you do that, I've never seen a button for any of them but the oil light comes on some times, most annoying shining in your eyes when you are a long way from home" :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Every time we go North we always stop at a BP servo in Forbes. I think it is also a tyre place & does mechanical work as well.
It's owned by two oldish brothers that have been there for years.
They insist on filling up for you & doing the windscreen. (staff anyway!)
They reckon they'll keep doing it as long as they own the place.
Much better than the Vietnamese chap sitting behind the till with his hand out.............
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Hi Bruce,
What happened to this idea?
Filed in the “Too Hard” basket?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Probably lack of interest by the contributers and I guess the way prices change daily it is soon out of date anyway.
Our old roadhouse at Tintinara is & probably always will be the cheapest price setter.
Pity they let my trucky shower section deteriorate so much.
I spent weeks designing it & getting it council approved.
I insisted on the 'dry' area where you could put your bag & valuables securely INSIDE your cubicle.
The acre of truck parking with a very strong overhead security light was good too!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Yesterday morning the price for ULP was $124.9 Cpl same place 3 hrs later it was $149.9 cpl.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

The fuel at the Nullarbor Road House was $1.99ltr, never looked at the other spots well known for high prices, but the servo at the quarantine gate in WA was $1.69lt on the way over and $1.89ltr on the way back.
At just about every fuel stop, diesel was more expensive than unleaded and LPG was about 30c ltr cheaper again. The price differences within a 50km radius in the Perth suburbs was startling, up to 50 cent a lt difference.
Time to go electric or hybrid drive I reckon, or revisit the whole electrolyser idea ...... but powering it via solar and lithium batteries rather than the alternator, then it truly would be free fuel from the sun.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Gotta stop at Mundrabilla out that way Terry!!

https://petrolspy.com.au/map/latlng/-35 ... 7776404985
Very interesting!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Mundrabilla was no cheaper than the border on the way across, no idea on the way back though because we didn't call in to have a look. There is a servo actually on the highway around 100km out of Mundrubilla that advertises cheap fuel and is the same price as Mundrabilla.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:23 pm The fuel at the Nullarbor Road House was $1.99ltr, never looked at the other spots well known for high prices, but the servo at the quarantine gate in WA was $1.69lt on the way over and $1.89ltr on the way back.
At just about every fuel stop, diesel was more expensive than unleaded and LPG was about 30c ltr cheaper again. The price differences within a 50km radius in the Perth suburbs was startling, up to 50 cent a lt difference.
Time to go electric or hybrid drive I reckon, or revisit the whole electrolyser idea ...... but powering it via solar and lithium batteries rather than the alternator, then it truly would be free fuel from the sun.

T1 Terry
I would have driven past and done a u turn. 20c cheaper that way.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:51 pm
T1 Terry wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:23 pm The fuel at the Nullarbor Road House was $1.99ltr, never looked at the other spots well known for high prices, but the servo at the quarantine gate in WA was $1.69lt on the way over and $1.89ltr on the way back.

T1 Terry
I would have driven past and done a u turn. 20c cheaper that way.
Good one :lol: The problem then would be the border quarantine check and we'd loose all our vegies and honey again :roll: