Name of tyre pressure monitoring system?

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Name of tyre pressure monitoring system?

Post by Dot »

For the life of me I cant remember who it was that was talking about the tyre pressure monitoring system ? are they any good etc etc?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Re: Name of tyre pressure monitoring system?

Post by supersparky »

Dot, I know Cedtrains (Rob) has a monitoring system that he is pretty happy with. He will refresh our memory when he sees this, hopefully.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks David, I shall await his reply, there was someone else as well I remember posting about theirs :? age condition :? G reckons we need one for the bus as to keep taking the trims off to check manually will be a PITA.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Craig

Post by Craig »

The name of my tyre monitoring system is called "Craig". It has been brilliant and has saved him a lot of money by keeping it simple. :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
But I don't think that is what George had in mind. I have a similar system to you Craig.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Dot wrote:Thanks David, I shall await his reply, there was someone else as well I remember posting about theirs :? age condition :? G reckons we need one for the bus as to keep taking the trims off to check manually will be a PITA.

How often do you think you will have to check them Dot? I have checked mine twice this year. The last time I had to put about 5 to 10 psi in them.

Craig
Boblebago

Post by Boblebago »

Dot wrote:For the life of me I cant remember who it was that was talking about the tyre pressure monitoring system ? are they any good etc etc?
Hi Dot

I think it was Brian (Homeless) who said he had bought one.

I'm with you Craig, I check all tyres every time I stop, however I have been considering one as I have read how they have saved tyres, I am running tubed 20" tyres and they are not cheap.

Dot in your situation it might save you some work removing wheel trims, but how often do you check the pressure, I'm a bit slack and just look at them and only check the pressure when I think they look down.

Regards Geoff
Craig

Post by Craig »

I must also add that I check the tyre temperatures with a infra red thermometer every time I stop to stretch my legs. I gives me a chance to have a walk around the truck and have a look at the tyres and trailer etc.
Boblebago

Post by Boblebago »

Craig wrote:I must also add that I check the tyre temperatures with a infra red thermometer every time I stop to stretch my legs. I gives me a chance to have a walk around the truck and have a look at the tyres and trailer etc.
Hi Craig

Maybe that is what I need as I usually hit them with the flat palm of my hand, starts to get a bit sore after the six tyre.

Regards Geoff
Craig

Post by Craig »

A friend of mine (long time trucker) checks his tyres by tapping them with a small steel rod. He says they make a crisp ring sound when they are good. I don't know how good this is but I much prefer to monitor the temp.

The thermometer I use is the Cason CA380. It is the last one in the selection (Non-Contact IR Infrared Digital Thermometer with Laser Pointer).

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/High-Quality ... 20db5be09d

It does the job.