Name of tyre pressure monitoring system?

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Re: Name of tyre pressure monitoring system?

Post by Dot »

You boys are all mad nutters and it is time to hand your replies over to the Gman. I told him all he had to do is to look at them to make sure they are not flat on the bottom but he said I was being female :lol: :? How should I know about these things? I just drive the stupid thing the rest is up to the "blue team" mad you are I tell you mad but I do like you's. Yes thank you Geoff it was Brian :D .
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Gman said he was just interested to hear what others did mostly concerning the inner wheel because it is somewhat supported by the outside wheel.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Craig

Post by Craig »

I have noticed that my inner tyres always run slightly warmer than the others, so I reckon they are working a little harder. It may explain why the last 2 blow outs were both inners. It also didn't help that they were about 10 years old and had done 75000km's (still had 30% tread left). Since then I have 45000km's on the new ones and check the pressures and temps as I outlined earlier and have not had any problems.
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks Craig, BTW how are you doing now?
Craig

Post by Craig »

Feeling a bit better now that I can relax a bit. It was great to see the kids and catch up with mates I haven't seen for a couple of years. We will be here for a few months so I will be able to get some maintenance completed and be ready to head off in April. I may try and do a bit of prospecting whilst we are here. You never know, I may just trip over the big retirement nugget ;) . Or should I say the new MH nugget :roll: .
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Dot,
Try TPMS tyre monitor, available at most good stores or Ebay. Can do up to 22 tyres if required both pressure and temperature.

PeterH
PeterH
homeless

Post by homeless »

I have a tyredog system after loosing a tyre on the trailer and not realising till I had no rim left LOL. So Craig did not do the job for me.

Mine does all the tyres, bus and trailer and I am happy with it as it picks up as soon as a tyre pressure changes as well as giving a constant readout.

I also use a IR thermometer and use it for tyre and bearing temperatures when I stop.

Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
cedtrains

Post by cedtrains »

I bought aTyre Dog system for my Coaster after loosing two tyres at once. While driving one went flat and the other gave up the ghost. I did feel a vibration but thought little of it. Have had flats in trucks and could feel them no problem.
Anyway I monitor 6 tyres having set a minimum and maximum setting. An alarm goes off if one of the tyres goes outside the limits and a quick check of the monitor shows you which is the offending tyre.
The system has numbered sensors and a central unit to communicate with the monitor. They also have a temperature setting you can set limits on. The rear inners and the passenger front always run hotter and pressure is higher. The sensors obviously fly around at a million miles an hour in the cooler air, but regardless of how accurate the temperature reads it still gives an indication that something is wrong if one suddenly gets to the max limits you set.
I am happy I bought the Tyre Dog and if nothing else it keeps me amused on long drives.
Regards
Rob
Rob and Ruth
"The Road Less Traveled"
95 Coaster LWB
Gold Coast
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks Brian & Rob for your info on your systems. Certainly interesting and worth a good look at. :D
Craig

Post by Craig »

Hi Rob,
can you tell me what you think the two tyres that blew out failed from?. Were they overloaded, under inflated, over inflated or how old were they? The last 2 failures I had, failed on a 40 plus degree day and they were about 10 years old. So yes they were probably getting hot but I believe it was more of an age thing that caused the problem.

Craig