To Dob or Not To Dob?

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
dream4red

Re: To Dob or Not To Dob?

Post by dream4red »

Great work Dot. Scum just don't understand how the nicer parts of our community work!
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

As much as I understand the sentiments here about household rubbish in park bins, don’t you think the derogatory terms expressed here about people who actually put rubbish in a bin rather than litter the roadways or dump it along bush tracks is a bit over the top?

Seriously; hang em high, mongrels, scum. I reckon these terms should be reserved for the ones that actually throw it on the ground not those that actually put it in a bin
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

In our council area - $150 to dump a 6x4 trailer load of rubbish.

At Christmas time, I am pretty sure we bought a 6x4 trailer load of rubbish for less than that!
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
homeless

Post by homeless »

I think many of the councils encourage people to dump their rubbish and electrical appliances in the country as they charge too much to deliver to their so called recycling depots.
Many prefer to go for a drive and dump where ever they think they can not be seen.
Many now go to a rest stop and dump it either in the bins or just on the ground.
The problem is the traveler then comes along and as the bins are full they also place theirs alongside the bin or where ever they sit.
I think in the future we will see more and more rubbish dumped out in the country areas.
Problem is when a rest stop is full of rubbish the traveler gets the blame when often it is the locals, and in the country often the local farmers etc that dump most of the rubbish. Check the addresses on the envelops and packaging and it will give you an idea.
I often take my rubbish back to a shop. I try and park out the back before gong in to shop and drop my bag into their dumper.
Only been challenged once and when I requested that I get a refund from the purchase I had just made (folding Bike) they accepted the packaging back. I was prepared to get a refund and they could have the bike and the packaging back. LOL.
Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
Craig

Post by Craig »

Wilbor wrote:As much as I understand the sentiments here about household rubbish in park bins, don’t you think the derogatory terms expressed here about people who actually put rubbish in a bin rather than litter the roadways or dump it along bush tracks is a bit over the top?

Seriously; hang em high, mongrels, scum. I reckon these terms should be reserved for the ones that actually throw it on the ground not those that actually put it in a bin
I can see your point Rob but tell me what offence did you take from the term hang em high? It did not brand them with a name like scum or Mongrels? As we don't really hang people these days :roll: I simply meant to say I would report them. So as you ask, "Seriously? "
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

Craig, what makes you think I took offence? I just think to label people and to "hang em high" or "keel haul em" or "cut off their heads" or any thing else someone may say for putting rubbish in a bin is a bit over the top, if they have committed some minor local government by-law, by all means dob em in, but that is the end of it. As I said, I think these terms should be used for the types that dump their rubbish anywhere & everywhere. What action do you think the local Council will take in this case? I've got a fair idea :roll:

I think the main point here is it was a good idea for the local Council to be made aware that in this particular case it wasn't the travelling public, it didn't warrant the labels. Unfortunetly in far too numerous cases it is the travelling public leaving a mess, seriously!! ;)
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
Dot

Post by Dot »

Seriously ;) I take offence when a local twat of a so called rate payer does it because he should be doing something about it i.e standing for council to lower the tip fees, maybe asking for the council provide extra household rubbish bins over holiday times, do something , don't just accept things if they are wrong and the sign said it all "NO dumping of household rubbish", how clearer did it have to be? I will be following up with the council as I do not like being accused (as a traveller) of leaving my rubbish here there and everywhere. :D Oh happy days!! :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Sadly have seen locals at places where we have stayed overfilling bins, contrary to signage, and letting it run on to the ground. Most travellers are responsible and do not leave rubbish.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Yep, I agree, over the top comments!! Thanks Rob
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855