How Often Do you Use your M********?

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
supersparky

Re: How Often Do you Use your M********?

Post by supersparky »

We use ours regularly when locked up in C Pk's. Great for heating peas, corn, baked beans etc. We haven't used it at all when camping as haven't got lithiums yet.
We have a genset but I try to discourage its use. The one at home gets a fairly solid workout reheating stuff.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
dapope

Post by dapope »

T1 Terry wrote:
dapope wrote:Use ours dam near daily when away. Like others, having the lithiums helps! 35 at 9 am, wife still hiding under the air con in the bedroom. Our 6 monthly generator fuel up ran out yesterday, so i figure she has another 2 hrs max with the batteries!
More batteries or more solar needed? :lol:
More solar, see other place!!
TBH, for the amount of times we get stuck running an already capable generator is almost more economic sense
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
GregnDee

Post by GregnDee »

We store our plastic containers in ours! Don't use it.
Boblebago

Post by Boblebago »

Wilbor wrote:We just had to have a new LG SolarDOM Light oven. I explained that it was ridiculously expensive and too heavy at 26kg and far too big at 36 litres but we HAD to have one. We, read as I, have a rule that when anything new goes in things of equal weight come out and as tools and spares are essentials I always look at the galley first 8-) . Anyway, I reinforced the stand where it lives and in it went. After about a year of very little use, I think we cooked one rack of lamb and our normal occasional use for frozen vegies I convinced SWMBO that we would get better use from it at home, so back out it came and in went a 20lt el-cheepo microwave (we gave the one the LG replaced to our daughter). Now I am considering a Kogan 25lt convection microwave but this discussion may give rise to a re-think :?

We also store our bread in it when not zapping things :)
We have 2 Solardoms...one in the bus and one in the granny flat in Adelaide. Whenever we are connected to power it gets used a couple of times a day to heat the milk for Geoff's coffee and whenever I have the time and inclination to bake instead of using gas. Haven't tried it on the lithiums yet but I'm sure we will once we hit the road again to head North for the Winter.
Regards
Sharyn (yes I do exist and this is the "something stupid" I was told not to write)
Dot

Post by Dot »

Glad to see you did the female thing and took no notice, :lol: :lol: Lets know how it goes with the Lith please
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
pop's coaster54

Post by pop's coaster54 »

Hi.
Sharyn it is good to have you on the forum,
say hi to Geoff for me. :lol:

Karen,Ron and the Girls. :P

Just coasting along. :lol: :lol: :lol:
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Good to see you speak up Sharyn..we need more girl power here.
I forgot, our m/wave gets used on travels to warm up the heat bag for sore and aching backs! The is an essential, so I guess the electrical cupboard that we mostly use for storage, is sort of useful anyway. It is a really good travel safe for valuables.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
John M

Post by John M »

mottleemob wrote:I heard of a fella who hid some money cause the cook never used it until one day she did with the money in it .Lovely melted mess was found by the chap. The cook wasn't real popular
TRUE STORY
cheers Phil
:mrgreen:
The plastic notes shrink to about 1/4 their size, (almost matches their value.
"Recycled Teenagers", John, Shirley and Four legged person Beau, travelling in a 7m Isuzu bus towing a trailer. Enjoying the fellowship of the road
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

dream4red wrote:Good to see you speak up Sharyn..we need more girl power here.
I forgot, our m/wave gets used on travels to warm up the heat bag for sore and aching backs! The is an essential, so I guess the electrical cupboard that we mostly use for storage, is sort of useful anyway. It is a really good travel safe for valuables.
We were trying to recall whether we had used ours at all. You've just reminded me. Heating her heat bag is the only thing the microwave has been used for!
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Dot

Post by Dot »

But do you remember putting all these strange items in your microwave or do you think someone may have "borrowed" them?? :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.