Replace a soapdish tile ??

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Replace a soapdish tile ??

Post by Dot »

Have a broken soap dish (tile) in the shower, as usual the discussion of how to do this replacement job is an issue :roll: I know some of you would have done this so let the info advice flow please..
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Replace a soapdish tile ??

Post by BruceS »

I have to ask how did it get broken & where was G at the time? ;) ;)

If the tiles were stuck on properly you should have enough room around the edge of the tile to rake out the mortar.
A broken hacksaw blade is a handy tool to do it.
Don't rush it........... Take your time.
Once a gap right around it you should be able to prize out the broken one. If not maybe a centre punch close to one corner will break off enough to get behind the tile.
Please put a big spread sheet down first. Makes for a grumpy G if it pops out & breaks a floor tile as well!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

It got broken when I fell against it over 12mths ago and I was in there on my own to be sure to be sure.. I shall pass on your instructions with a smile and "I told you so" :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

My renovator would have done it ;) ;) :roll: :roll: ,no sweat. But I brought it home. :mrgreen:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

The BOSS could do it for you but not sure when we will be your way he did lots when he had his small business

Cheers Ros
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

They are not foot holds Dot! Wait until Norman returns with his Renovator and use his elbow grease.
Jon
Dot

Post by Dot »

Ros I shall keep it just as it is for him so he still feels loved. Jon, I could not lift my foot that high so it must be a soap dish, ;) Norman and his renovator :o :o
Dot

Post by Dot »

soapdish002.jpg
soapdish.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot, Will you let the master renovator know that I reckon it's a pretty good effort. 8-)
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

He said thank you , it was a b****** of a job to get it cleaned up before he could start. Looked like the tiler had used the same stuff as what is used for the concrete floors.. Couldn't separate the adhesive from the backing board very easily at all..