Easter near Murray Bridge, wanna come?

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Easter near Murray Bridge, wanna come?

Post by T1 Terry »

4 of us at the moment plan to meet up with Bruce and Wendy some where near Murray bridge, Bruce has mentioned Walker Flat that looks great on google maps. Sort of a combined work party to help Bruce fit up the lithium batteries and a few other little jobs and a social get together with anyone who wishes to turn up.
Those attending so far:
Brian (Homeless) & Trixie
T1 Terry & Margaret
Bruce & Wendy
Dottie & George (but only for a few of the days)(Not coming?)
Peter (Pet-els)
Chuck & Catrina
Kay & Bruce (Maccas, AKA oma)
Greg & Dee (Can't make it)
Bob & Lyn (bobk)
Eddie (Edward Higgs aka Wombat)
Gordon & Wendy (Bugman)
Juergen (SnowT)

Possibly attending
David (Super Sparkie) & Terrie
Jenny & Mike (Aussie Girl?)

Martin (Dapope) & Caroline (can't get the time off)
John, Shirley & Beau Can't make it
Ros & The Boss (Ivan)? Going else where, what a hide :lol:
Bruce asked for this to be added at the start of the thread

NOTICE ! !
I have an update for those contemplating the Easter get together at Walker Flat, SA.
Walker flat, SA is some distance away from Murray Bridge (64.5km), and depending on where you are coming from, you may need to cross the ferry at Walker Flat to get to the WESTERN side of the River Murray. (Adelaide side)
I'll post some possible ways to get there at a later date.

Some of us have had extreme anxiety about where we will be parking/camping as at Easter time the River Murray in general tends to be flooded with campers of all types......... tents, backs of vans, caravans etc etc as well as thousands of day trippers.
Dot, through her vast network of friends and acquaintances, has been in touch with someone that has the ability to allow (or not) people to camp in a certain area within a km or so of Walker Flat, SA.
The where-about of this area will only be divulged to those who are attending at a date to be determined yet.......... closer to Easter.
It's possible there may be SOME water available, a toilet MAY be available and a little power available "for medical reasons". (sleep apnea, asthma etc)

Although this area is a short distance from the River, there will be cars available (no doubt!) for transportation if needed.
We hope this effort of Dots will give us a backup plan if indeed the riverside areas are not available.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Re: Easter near Murray Bridge, wanna come?

Post by Dot »

T1 Terry wrote:4 of us at the moment plan to meet up with Bruce and Wendy some where near Murray bridge, Bruce has mentioned Walker Flat that looks great on google maps. Sort of a combined work party to help Bruce fit up the lithium batteries and a few other little jobs and a social get together with anyone who wishes to turn up.
Those attending so far:
T1 Terry & Margaret
Bruce & Wendy
OK so take my shave event off the SA gathering and it shall be done in WA. sorry peoples for the cock ups. :(
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

We could be tempted...

Have you organised decent weather? ;)

Dot, why not do it at this gathering?
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Chuck wrote:We could be tempted...

Have you organised decent weather? ;)

Dot, why not do it at this gathering?
Already stated I have a commitment in Melb AFTER Easter and am not going to that bald. bet you wouldn't ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Ah yes, now I remember...

Concur!
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Chuck wrote:Ah yes, now I remember...

Concur!
Duh! :roll: :roll: heat getting yu old fella? When is the trek over starting? after this heat wave for sure :!:
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Put us down as a tentative goer at the moment go to work on finance manager Ok

Those attending so far:
T1 Terry & Margaret
Bruce & Wendy
Wayne & Nini
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
dapope

Post by dapope »

Will discuss, but probably a bit far. Not sure yet if i would have the leave accumulated.
Tempting though
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

So what bait do we need to use to increase the temptation for Chuck & Martin :lol:
Apparently there is a show once a mth with the oompah band and dancers and bell ringers at Hahndorf on the last Sunday of the mth, that would make it the 27th, a week after Easter. So we are tossing up whether to stay the extra days and do the show, Brian says it's well worth it.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Ommpar ommpar :lol:
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini