Park over property's a P.O.P stop

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Park over property's a P.O.P stop

Post by norman »

Here in NZ we have pops,some are free, they are glad of the company and someone to have a chat to. Some cost you $5 per night per van ,If you want to plug into power that cost you extra 3 to $5 depending...Thats pretty good for NZ. Now heres a question. Keith Moxham is initiating a simular scheme in OZ. Is there going to be a standard charge for staying and a charge for power as its not getting any cheaper. The differance between the two countries is the power part of the equation, We dont have people running air con for the length of time you do in OZ hence could cost the host heaps for power. So what would a fair charge be for power plug in for you guys.Dont know if each state is different for power charges...Example would say Dot pay more for power than Terry in NSW.Dot whats your power bill like.Terry what do you pay...Cheeky bugger hey :!: :!: :!:
pbs5gm5m.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
BernieQ2

Re: Park over property's a P.O.P stop

Post by BernieQ2 »

As far as I know Norman no power no water just free parking. We are on tank water and in drought at moment.
So far no one has even asked.
I have my own 'pop' and run it like that.
Bernie.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

No power, No water, unless its donated by the land owner, NO money to change hands. [it becomes a business then and an income needing extra insurance and pay income tax].

PeterH
PeterH
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Approx $100mth, roughly $25mth of that is service fee for being connected to the grid. We do not have back to grid solar, our solar is to a battery bank and that supplies power to the 3 fridges and the Waeco, plus the back patio lights and my 'puter and modem. We don't have air con, but ceiling fans run 24/7 during the warmer mths as do the mozzie zappers (3) The stove is gas but the grill is electric and it gets used at least once a day.

Officially, a pop in Aust can't sell power to a visitor, they would need an ABN and pay commercial power rates, not residential, then there are the costs of setting up a power pole grid etc
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

The last person to come to our place did the washing up and clean the kitchen for a week ok
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

We have been discussing opening our place up to a CMCA MSO and probably will as I think they are a great idea. We are on tank water but I have just installed another 15000lts of tanks so some water can and will be available.

We would be looking at fully self-contained rigs and have no intention of offering power, mind you the vast majority of potential visitors will be during the winter and air-con won’t be an issue (well it’s not for us) but maybe for people from the deep south :)

This is from the Club website
There are five mandatory requirements when registering a property for the MSO Facility:
1. Overnight parking for CMCA Members at nil cost;
2. Entrance must be a minimum of three metres wide;
3. Reasonably level ground for parking;
4. Drinking water (access to water is required, however, on the rare occasions where a property only has tank water or limited supply, an exception may be made with ‘restricted access of water’ noted in the MSO Directory); and
5. Members must be able to exit a property without needing to reverse (there must be adequate room for a vehicle, within the nominated size limit, to enter and manoeuvre within the site, and exit the site without reversing from the site).
The availability of facilities, such as power, toilets, showers, etc. is not required – but is an added bonus
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

Well that got me to pull my digit out!! Just registered as a MSO
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Wilbor wrote:Well that got me to pull my digit out!! Just registered as a MSO
Good on you M8.will be much appreciated Im sure..
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Looks like might have to join up again if they have got this off the ground, haven't seen much reason up till now

William
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Can anyone tell me if the MSO scheme would be open to CMCA Associate Members?
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com