Disc Bowls...

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Disc Bowls...

Post by norman »

Ok Question. I would like to buy a complete set of disc bowls. Not for me for a member of our club who wants to start a competition up. He,s been trying to track them down on the internet but has come to a dead end. I dis the same exercise some years ago on the old forum and got some answers BUT beening a few tears older now Iv,e forgotten. please somebody come up with the goods..
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Disc Bowls...

Post by T1 Terry »

Liesure Coast Wanderers, can't remember his first name but the surname is Bolt, but they will know. He makes them, complete with a carry caddy, pegs, ropes for the rink with loop knots just in the right places, a kitty ball and rules sheet. No idea of the price these days.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Norman, I would try the head office of the cmca. They encourage disc bowls with a fervour, so if they don't sell em, I reckon they would be able to put you onto someone who does. Lotsa luck.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

dream4red wrote:Norman, I would try the head office of the cmca. They encourage disc bowls with a fervour, so if they don't sell em, I reckon they would be able to put you onto someone who does. Lotsa luck.
Thanks for that Deb, I have have been in touch and they have sent a email to the guy Terry said made them and asked if he would respond. So far nothing, but theres time yet...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
homeless

Post by homeless »

Anybody with a lathe and the time and the sizes would be able to knock them up in no time.
They are just discs of MBF or similar material. Bore the centre hole with a expanda bit or forstner bit and then hold by the centre in a jaw chuck and turn to size and add chamfer.
You would have to check weights till you had the first one in the required range and then just duplicate.

Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status