Hi from us

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
jamglor

Hi from us

Post by jamglor »

Well I've been sitting on the fence for a fair while now so seeing how I have posted on the forum I better introduce our selves so here go's .
My name is Jamie and my lovely wife is Glori. We are both young being 45yrs old each.
I've spent a fair bit of time working in the mining and construction industries as a fitter both mobile and fixed plant up until about 4 yrs ago when a medical condition stoped all that so now I do different things that my body can handle ie: qualified trainer assessor/ohs etc ,jack of all trades and master of none any way enough about me. Glori currently works for the Geraldton city council as a supervisor of cleaners at their Queens park theatre which keeps her busy.
As you may have worked out we currently live in Geraldton and we have 4 acres which we have got up for sale so we can head off and do our thing and if we like some where we will stop for a while and work if not we'll go to the next stop.
We have a 1986 Scania Neoplan 40ft bus which we brought already done but we have made some slight changes to suit us and I still want to do some more but need to wait till the house is sold so I can get the trailer made and so forth.
The bus has about 975watt of solar with 6 house batteries which is 24v and all runs through a victron invertor charger which is set up automatically so it switches over its self when plugged in to 240 or we fire up the gen set. holds 500ltrs fresh water has a small grey tank which I will be changing to a larger one soon and also has black tank roughly 200ltrs in size.
And of course has all the normal stuff TV's washing machine and dryer pull out bbq etc.
Any way that's enough waffle from me here are a couple of pics of our bus.

[img]

[/img]
Jamie & Glori
We would rather live with the knowledge that we lived part of our dream than none of it
Wilbor

Re: Hi from us

Post by Wilbor »

G'day guys

Welcome and I hope you enjoy yourselves. The photos didn't turn out
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
jamglor

Post by jamglor »

Hopefully these have worked

Regards

Jamie
Jamie & Glori
We would rather live with the knowledge that we lived part of our dream than none of it
Dot

Post by Dot »

Wow that's a big one :o Bus that is.. So now this is your thread here is your official welcome to you both. Jump in any time no fuddy duddy rules etc here so enjoy and hope you sell your place soon so you can continue your travels.. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yes a big welcome from me as well folks!!
What a wonderful outfit you have got!
I'm not sure how long that satellite dish would last with me driving under bridges and trees!!
(that was a joke Jamie!!)
There's nothing like a personal touch to your motorhome.
I've got no problem with the factory standard ones but that little "I did it my way" just gives it that little extra touch.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

jamglor

Post by jamglor »

Thanks for the welcome
If any of you are traveling through this way while we are still here ,contact us if you like It would be nice to meet with fellow motorhomers

Jamie & Glori
Jamie & Glori
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Umm, some of us are caravanners, Jamie. ;-)
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hey Jamie "some " of the caravan people are OK mainly the ones on this forum :lol: but be warned they are quite ummm different. :lol: We are having a bit of a get together over in the west later this year so why not take a trip and join us at Cleaverville in August/Sept.. Also if you get to see the head shave of mmmmwwwaaaaa. But if you can't make it there we may get to meet you on your home turf if you are still there.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jamglor

Post by jamglor »

Sorry Lesley
you guys as well

Jamie
Jamie & Glori
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

We had some roadside friends visit us last w/e.
Originally met them while staying at Camooweal Billabong camping area 2 years ago. Have kept in touch by email, phone & SMS ever since.
I have discovered I can speak both Motorhome and Caravan fluently!
:D :lol: :D :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields