What car to tow?

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
dapope

Re: What car to tow?

Post by dapope »

There is some weight proportion thingo that has to be met when a framing. I will have to look it up again. I know that we can pull the pajero behind the swagman with no dramas. Something like no more than a third of the tow vehicle tare weight.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Boblebago

Post by Boblebago »

I agree with Ozfueler and Wilbor, we have the same Falcon 2 and consider it the best towing hitch for ease of use that we have seen.

Dot it was on the back of the bus when we were at Kingston covered by a vinyl cover so unobtrusive that you probably didn't notice it.

The weight ratio in SA is 3.5 to1, I have purchased the invisibrake but haven't fitted it yet.

Geoff
ozfueler

Post by ozfueler »

Took some photos of the Terios to give a look at the Roadmaster A frame that we use, as mentioned in an earlier post we use the Towmaster model, forgot to mention that because it is not a metric system it is advisable to use a 2" tow ball as a 50 mm may be a bit small, I purchased the tow all of eBay in the USA and it was $16 delivered.

This is how we use it, it stays permanently attached on the Terios, the cover is basically cosmetic and is for a different Roadmaster model, but it works well and was $10 on eBay.

Remove the 2 pin locks at the end of the A frame (car side) and it lifts straight off, couldn't be easier. As you can see it folds back on itself when stored and is secured in this position with the small pin lock near the tow all hitch.

Here it is extended for use, just hitch it to the tow ball, connect the safety cables and plug in the wiring and go. The arms are made of Stainless steel and you can see how the they can slide in or out independently of each other, making it very easy to use.
ozfueler
Lorraine and Steve travelling the H.O.A. In a 1976 Denning Mono towing a 1936 Ford coupe street rod or A framing a 1998 Terios.