New Members

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
bugman47

New Members

Post by bugman47 »

Hello everyone, i am Gordon, Aka bugman,the manager is Wendy Aka dragon.

We have had 48 yrs together, ( can't seem to shake me off) we run our own business started from scratch over 45 yrs ago, now retired since July 2008, Moved from Melbourne to Tocumwal NSW and have established our home here, i enjoy my golf and a spot of fishing, do about 12 hrs a week volunteer at the golf club on the ruff cutters. Wendy is into sewing, aqua aerobics, and looking after her man, :D We have just bought an E900s 50th anniversary model Evernew 20 footer, Cruise master suspension,16 inch wheels, do 35 hitch. We have never caravanned before in our life, done a lot of home work, i am not known for my conservative thinking? EG hire a van see if you like it or not, we will go in open minded ready for some fun :D possibly some frustrations :roll: try to keep the mistakes to a minimum, reading posts on forums can be scary, but i tend to see the funny side of things, combined with a bit of common sense and logic ?? we intend to have ball, and really look forward to meeting different people on the road.

Bugman.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, it is why it is called the present, accept the present and go forward.
Wilbor

Re: New Members

Post by Wilbor »

Welcome Bugman, so tell us the story behind the alias.

I agree with you, just jump in and have fun, what is there not to like travelling around the country?
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Hi Gordon & Wendy, with your outlook on life and great sense of humour I'm sure you will be welcome every where you go and you will thoroughly enjoy the travelling life. You are setting the van up right to start by using the latest in solar panels and lithium batteries and having the clueyest bloke I know installing it, the van itself looks very well made, so you have that part right, just need to see if caravanning is for you or not. The trip to Walker Flat will be the van's first and your first free camping experience, I think it will be a great experience you will long remember and a great way to start out, looking forward to seeing you there.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Woo hoo a virgin to corrupt :lol: Bugman :idea: were you in the pest extermination business :?: if so there will be a few to work on at WF :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Hope you have a nice experience with your caravaning. love your sig by the way.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
bugman47

Post by bugman47 »

You got it Dot, over 40 yrs in the pest control business, specializing in Termites (white ants) 12 to 14 trucks on the road working Vic to all the borders, some would say i have no control, but i ignore them :D .
Dot

Post by Dot »

See you lot I am not just a "pretty face" :roll: I can do cryptic stuff :roll:
Gordon In case you haven't cottoned on to the fact that most of the males on here pick on me so don't let them try to persuade you any different. :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Be careful, Dot. He is a pest exterminator!
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Dot

Post by Dot »

See what I mean Gordon? harassment :(
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

I will bring the mortin just in case dot
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini