Our Rig, Named, Daniels Domain

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Russ Daniels

Our Rig, Named, Daniels Domain

Post by Russ Daniels »

It's a 1985 Mercedes Benz 1316 x school bus that we purchased from Geelong, drove up to Mackay in 3 days, then spent 5 Months actually working on the rebuild (over an 8 month period)
It's 11m long,3.2m high & now weighs almost 12 tonne, has a 160 turbo charged 6 cyl diesel 5 speed crash box that is now giving me an average of 3.75kms/litre :D :D
Its fitted with 455lites water capacity, 87 litres grey tank, 200 litres original fuel tank
Inside is fitted with 2 leather captains chairs, Lounge, a large kitchen area with 2 bowl sink, gas oven/grill/hotplates, 4 person Dinette, 3 way fridge/freezer, full size fibreglass shower with separate cassette toilet & hand basin, 7kg front load washing machine, clothes dryer, Large wardrobe (full & 1/2 hanging), queen bed (liftup for storage, who doesn't need that ?, 2 x 12v TVs with vast boxes (kitchen & bedroom), 2 split system Inverter A/Cs, 12 v LED lights throughout, 2 Fiamma awnings mounted to the curl of the roof to fit inside our 21/2 m width, plus they had to be up there to go over the windows

BernieQ2

Re: Our Rig, Named, Daniels Domain

Post by BernieQ2 »

Hi Russ, I know what you mean about 5mths actual 8mths.
We are 8mths into a few mths rebuild as well, we have a 9mt Isuzu x school bus probably closer to finished then I tell people, but that's Carol not me after all the driver seat is in and the fridge what more do I need?
Will put pics up one day?
Enjoy you home.
Bernie.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

Russ Daniels wrote:...Its fitted with 455lites...
Man that's a lot of beer and I don't even like the lite stuff. :lol:
BernieQ wrote:...the driver seat is in and the fridge what more do I need?
A few more fridges if you have as many bottles as Russ. :o
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Russ Daniels

Post by Russ Daniels »

Sometimes, the tanks even have WATER in them :lol: :lol: :lol:
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I love the collection of fan belts and the idler pulley drive for the radiator fan. I reckon you'd gain about 5 hp if you replaced it with an electric fan, that 5 hp can mean quite a lot on the long hills.
The 3.75km/l make the Bedford 5km/l look good and the turbo 351 Clevland at 3km/l not too bad at all :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Russ Daniels

Post by Russ Daniels »

Here's some pics of inside

I agree terry, I've got a fan, I've just got to get around to fitting it
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Don't throw out the belt driven components!
I forget who it was but after a lot of worry about cooking the engine they ended up having to go back to the belt driven system.
Try it by all means but ........... ???
BruceS
Mannum, SA

generdawg

Post by generdawg »

On closer inspection of the power plant photo, I see you had a visit from the vice squad. :o

Probably wanted to clamp down on your fan club suspecting it was a front for suspicious activity. :lol:

dawg
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Wait till his other half sees the pics , he has left "stuff" on benches, the tea towels are not folded, stove top is up :lol: :lol:
Brad you are a dag :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

Dot wrote:Brad you are a dag :lol:
Can't hold a candle to *Fred. Now there was a guy who could carry on like a politician speaking forever without completing a sentence or saying anything meaningful.

* Fred Dagg

dawg (excuse me, That'll be the door. :lol: )