Insurance

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
pet-els

Re: Insurance

Post by pet-els »

Have had two claims with KT very good results on both.

PeterH
PeterH
soccerkiddo3

Post by soccerkiddo3 »

We had our insurance with KT for 2 years. During that time we claimed a windscreen. Very helpful.

After 2 years KT changed our policy from Agreed Value to Market Value.

Following advice from others on this forum we are now with CIL for our insurance. Saved a few dollars, paying monthly and more importantly I know how much our mh is insured for. Yet to try out their claim handling.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

CIL claim handling is brilliant. All done over the phone, no arguments, just friendly helpful service. We have only had one claim, but it was a biggy and they could not have been more helpful or understanding.
We are members of that mob and did investigate using Kt, but as we are caravanners, he insisted the tug had to be insured with him or no go. So for us it was no go, take the policy elsewhere!
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Craig

Post by Craig »

Dot wrote:
Craig wrote:We gave KT the flick and have also given the CMCA the flick. We found that the insurance offered by the Winnebago club a bit better for us. Contents with KT $1000, contents with Winnebago $10 000. Also our car trailer is covered when it is connected to the MH with Winnebago but KT was another policy.

Craig
Is it still called Winnebago Insurance Craig??
I don't think it ever was Dot. The insurance offered through the Winnebago club (WRV Club) is from CIL through OAMPS insurance brokers. But if you are referring to whether AVIDA use the name Winnebago, well yes they do. Avida are the makers of Australian Winnebago.

Craig
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Craig you can go back in and edit previous posts if you need to.
I suspect the $10,000 was a typo mistake?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

When we had our Winnie insured with CIL, the $10K contents insurance was only available if you used the OAMPS broker - NOT if you go through CIL direct.

I Imagine that would still be the case now.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

soccerkiddo3 wrote:After 2 years KT changed our policy from Agreed Value to Market Value...
The very reason I gave KT the flick. And the spin off is that it saved me $44 on my policy annually as I quit SeaMSeA. When the board in their wisdom cut the legs from under the only social reason for my membership, it only left me a business relationship that went south too.

Got a call yesterday from a lass in the KT office wanting to know if I missed the renewal date. Cash flow must be getting tighter. :lol:

dawg (who wants to know if GentleAnnie is really Victoria?)
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
TassyJim

Post by TassyJim »

We had one windscreen claim - paid quickly and painlessly into our account.
When we sold the 5th and Iveco, emailed KT with the info and refund for balance of year in our bank in a couple of days.

Very happy with the service.

I will have to look around if/when we get another (5th or MH) and it will depend if we are still in CMCA.

Jim
Jim & Jennene with Teddy & Pascale. RIP Scarlet
Used to have Iveco towing a 5th Wheeler
Now back to dreaming again...
Nomad's Almanac
http://www.c-com.com.au/nomad.htm
GentleAnnie

Post by GentleAnnie »

Dot bought new Jayco in SA delivery 7 April
Ken Tame agreed value $230 cheaper. Offered better inclusions and options. $2000 contents is sufficient.
generdawg gps says Victoria, looks like Victoria so must be Victoria Australia
Craig

Post by Craig »

BruceS wrote:Craig you can go back in and edit previous posts if you need to.
I suspect the $10,000 was a typo mistake?
Your suspicions are incorrect Bruce. They do indeed have $10000 contents cover.
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855