Insurance

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Craig

Re: Insurance

Post by Craig »

GentleAnnie wrote:Dot bought new Jayco in SA delivery 7 April
Ken Tame agreed value $230 cheaper. Offered better inclusions and options. $2000 contents is sufficient.
generdawg gps says Victoria, looks like Victoria so must be Victoria Australia

Has KT up'd their contents cover to $2000?
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Oh, sorry Craig.
I didn't read everything & take it in properly.
I thought the $1,000 & $10,000 was being referred to as the premium.
Silly me!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Shirley

Post by Shirley »

K.T will insure your contents for whatever as long as you pay the premium & list what you are insuring I think, have traveled with folk who are insured with K.T. with more than $1,000 cover for contents.
Shirley & Bruce.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Thanks Shirley, I understand that, but I am referring to the amount they cover under the standard policy. An increase up to $10 000 would add a bit to the premium I'm guessing.
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

We received the automatic "Basic Contents/ Personal Belongings" $2000 last year, that covers crockery, cutlery, utensils, personal clothing, bedding, linen,provisions, portable TVs & portable radio/sound systems only.The limit needs to be increased to include other items outside of the above.(copied from policy).
No idea what extra cover would cost with K.T.
Shirley & Bruce.
Peter

Post by Peter »

We are pleased with Ken Tame our previous MH with them for over 12 yrs . Broke down once and had to be towed in everything was done with no fuss or time wasted. The low loader tow rig arrived in under 2 hrs. Had a broken windscreen no problems . When we sold the MH we received the balance of the years premium in a few days.

We have our current MH insured through Ken Tame. And are satisfied customers.
campingnut

Post by campingnut »

KT took ages to get back after asking just one or two questions -finally got insured after a month but then one month had gone where we weren't prepared to use rig. for joining is was a horrible lot of communication both email and phone. I wont go into details -but I do have them all. I'll review it after a year -not sure if we will stay with cmca either.