Bernie and Carols Isuzu fit out.

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
jon_d

Re: Bernie and Carols Isuzu fit out.

Post by jon_d »

That's excellent Bernie.

Would have the puller fitted?

jd
Toolman

Post by Toolman »

No warranty on that screwdriver :P :)
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

I don't know Jon if the puller my Chinese friend showed me would do the job .
I have a mine to find out what it costs...may get one ? Then we would know .
No screw driver was harmed in the extraction Toolman doesn't need to be put down .
Bernie .
Another view . Not the screw driver I used .
DSCF2858 (Custom).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Hi all , front of the engine is back together putting the tacko on was a pain , most of the bolts are the same size all 12m except for three that are 14m . Turns out that at some stage in its life some one had used all 12m where they were supposed to go....but...the three that hold the tacko on are a smidgen smaller in length meaning that as I was just putting bolts in willy nilly the three left over were to long to fit...buggar... after removing and checking I found that three of the bolts had one extra washer on , so that problem was solved .
Next was the power steering pump easy peasy they were the three 14m ones , so on and bolted...then I found out that the harmonic balancer wont go on because some one had just done up the power steering pump...so off come the offending unit and on with the harmonic thingamajig .
Jon as your interested , the taper bush went in easy its not up to torque yet...but the 14 degree timing mark is spot on and the two marks on the injector pump line up , so fingers crossed all should be good when I get to start it up .
Most of the refit is done just the radiator to do , may or may not happen tomorrow we have to go out and that sorta buggers up the day .
All for now may put some pics up tomorrow .
Bernie .
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Hi Bernie,

I bet you went yippee when those marks lined up. :-)

jd
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Yippy or simular Jon .
Back at it again I tell you what that Frasier bloke would have copped a smack in the mush today, bloody life wasn't meant to be..be beggared .
Tried to start the bus today with Carol on the starter . I was having no luck with the lift pump it would not suck fuel up so I filled the filter by hand hoping it would be enough for it to work....no hope...so I disconnected the fuel line from the tank which is half full 100Lts...and put the fuel line into a container of fuel still would not bring any up.
I gave in and removed the lift pump from the engine , a feat in its self 3 little 10m nuts , plus a bunch of cables and pipes in the way plus the chassis rails , not a lot of finger room especially as the day was getting longer and I was getting crankier . Its gunna be a Pr&k of a thing to put back .
So onto the bench it goes and I pulled the plunger thingy out a few times and eventually it started sucking fuel ...bloody bewdy . There may have been something inside blocking the fuel I never saw any thing come out tho .
Now if it don't rain....yer rite hasn't in months...I will if the body's up to it put the lift pump back on tomorrow....maybe .
Nearly forgot when the lift pumps nuts were loose enough to start removing said problem child guess what a s%^t load of oil decided to enhance my good looking face , I'm gunna need a wash just so I can have a shower .
Bernie .
A cuppla pics.
DSCF2868 (Custom).JPG
DSCF2869 (Custom).JPG
DSCF2871 (Custom).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Maybe them bloody Qld mud daubers have been at it again?
The horn on Norman's van wouldn't work until I cleaned a half kilo of mud out of the 'horn' of the horn. They love blocking up little holes, don't they?
Maybe tomorrow is THE day!! ;) 8-)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Possible Bruce tho I haven't seen any activity from wasps still a bit cool for them plus no rain for mud.
Bernie .
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I have installed an electric fuel pump and filter at the fuel tank to assist the lift pump. It was a godsend when i ran out of fuel on a steep incline as it is about 6M from tank to lift pump. As soon as I turn the key it starts pumping.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

I do as well George but it only presurises to the first fuel/water filter.
Bernie.