Fined

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
2foot6

Re: Fined

Post by 2foot6 »

Try the appeal process,if it doesn't work,pay the fine and take the money from the male members pocket money. :D
Dot

Post by Dot »

I might try the appeal thing first as I have no strikes against me but if that fails I shall tell them it was HWKB and let him pay in full (to my liking) men :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Izabarack

Post by Izabarack »

Dot wrote:I might try the appeal thing first as I have no strikes against me but if that fails I shall tell them it was HWKB
I advise caution on that strategy. If you use your record to try to get the fine waived then attempt to shift the blame, you may well be investigated (get into serious trouble) for trying to pervert the course of justice. Asking to be let off this time because of "my" good driving record is tantamount to making a false statement that you were driving at the time.

I recently witnessed a Stat Dec for a woman saying she was driving the naughty vehicle; despite my standard warning about making false declarations. Turns out Numb Nuts could be clearly seen in the photo and No Nuts was fined too. Numb Nuts also got into trouble for his part in the conspiracy. All in all, it cost them a lot more than the initial fine.

Iza
Dot

Post by Dot »

Seeing as the pic was taken on a bend and from the back no person can be seen. Stat decs are not worth the paper they are written on. My thieving step sister told the biggest lies on one and the fraud squad said it would cost more to prosecute than it was worth even though they knew she was lying through her false teeth. The car is rego'd in my name so I get the bill anyway, and who knows it may have been me driving 8-)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Darryl

Post by Darryl »

Seems everyone except someone here is wrong or a scumbag. I've been hearing stories, you see! Yes, I believe the stories too. I've known the orator for a lot of years.
Forgive your enemy, but remember the bastard's name! Yep, done that!
Barry Powell

Post by Barry Powell »

Interesting discussion and I go along with Iza, never tell something which is false.
I have a perfectly clean record and am saving that up in case I ever get a parking fine, nabbed for jaywalking or spitting on the footpath.

I definitely do not approve of any system which costs more to defend your innocence than to plead guilty, and that is what you do when you pay a fine.

Does the law hold you responsible if someone commits an offence while driving your car with your permission? If not, you could declare that you were not driving and provide a list of those who possibly were. A long list would be appropriate for a person such as yourself with many friends.

I have this notion that a speeding fine is a charge against the person driving the car. I have a further notion that it is up to those prosecuting to make the case for guilt. You may be asked if you know for certain who was driving. Only you can answer that question honestly.

There is a fellow who got a bottle of wine who would still be in his old job if his memory was like mine. I am not certain where I put my glasses two minutes ago.
B3
Izabarack

Post by Izabarack »

Barry Powell wrote:......to plead guilty, and that is what you do when you pay a fine.
Not really, Barry. As was explained to me by a lawyer from the RACQ, the ticket or fine is only an "invitation to pay" and payment will complete a process without formal charge. It is when you chose to be charged and answer that charge in court, that a plea is necessary. At that point you are mostly done because all the copper has to say is "x was detected exceeding the limit (notice I wrote exceeding the limit) by a properly trained operator using a properly set up device". It is then up to you to show the prosecutor is in the wrong. In the case of cameras, the legislation says the registered owner pays unless an alternative, specific, person is nominated. In the case of company cars, the driver might legitimately not be known or established. In that case, the fine is typically multiplied by 5 or 10 and applied to the registered owner/ company. Mate with a lead foot and a company registered Porsche paid out nearly $50,000 one year but did not accrue any points using those rules.

And Dot, if you are going to do anything dodgy, don't let on to the person witnessing the Stat Dec. One dunce came to me boasting of how his Mum was going to take the points and he only needed to fill out the Stat Dec. Wrong, I took the document off him and wrote on it that I refused to witness the document as the deponent had informed me that the statement was false.

Iza
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I recently successfully defended a parking infringement in court by pleading guilty but with extenuating circumstances. The magistrate agreed and dismissed the case without fine or conviction and wished me a good day.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Iza,

Seems to me it's all a revenue-raising game between two teams: "Cops" & "Drivers".
If you're spotted, mostly the Cops win. Unless you can use the rules against them.
You, Iza, were a spoilsport endorsing the Stat Dec as you did.

We received a bung in the mail for a supposed offence in Cairns. SEVENTY in a 60 zone just 50m past roadworks where we were tail-ender doing 40km/h. Girt COULDN'T REACH 60 within that distance, let alone 70... and we were following traffic doing 60!
We know the cameras can hold a reading for later recall, so I reckon that's what was applied to us to make up the operator's numbers for the day.
As we were in Mt Isa heading for Three-Ways by the time it caught up with us, Joy paid rather than face returning to Cairns to fight it.

Since then she has had a really stupid ticket withdrawn by writing a letter explaining the real circumstances - as opposed to the cop's version.

COPS: 1 - DRIVERS: 1
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

. In my letter I did say I "may" have been speeding but I also asked the nice person to take into account my clean record. Can anyone really say if they were driving the one and only car in the family on any particular day? maybe some can but buggered if I can. :lol: If they do not like my letter I shall do the Ray thing, drip feed is the way to go. ;) (so I hear) As an added extra re revenue raising and numbers, My claytons daughter quit the force as she was disillusioned with her career and esp her senior. She rarely wrote tickets but she gave lots of warnings apart from the really bad speeders and bad attitudes but what got her was the end of a shift she went back to the station with just 2 tickets written, her boss blew his top telling her that was not good enough, she thought it was good that there wasn't too many speeders out there and the reply was "get those numbers up next week regardless" She quit the "force"