Where do we all go when the CMCA forum reopens?

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Barry Powell

Where do we all go when the CMCA forum reopens?

Post by Barry Powell »

'BruceS' pid='62811' dateline='1412825393']
Newcastle George wrote: Directly after Keith Moxham addressed the throng and made mention of reopening the Forum and further establishment of the MSO scheme, the chairman had another go at the forum saying that the only way the forum would operate was by way of links to the two existing ones.

George
George can you confirm this was the previous Chairman you are referring to?

The above is part of a discussion on that other forum.
Is it time to be talking about a single alternate forum when the CMCA one is re-established?
B3
homeless

Re: Where do we all go when the CMCA forum reopens?

Post by homeless »

Why would we want the two forums joined together. ????

They are both individual and as far as I know entirely different forums.

If a person wanted to share info with both forums then why not join the both. I am on several RV forums and those are my choice not someone else's who I have no association with.

Many of us chose to be on one or the other and besides the other forum is restricted to CMCA members and many of us have let our membership lapse as when the old CMCA forum was closed there was no longer any need for us to rejoin.

I personally would prefer the forums to remain as is, as I prefer the atmosphere here and was not very happy with the atmosphere on the old CMCA forum, and I hear the other forum is the same people same ideas, so this forum would be my choice and would feel that the level of agro and control of the other forum would try to be transferred here.

The flexibility and openness of this forum would not be acceptable on the other if any of the stories I have heard are true.

Some members here are not welcome or banned on the other forum so how would that work and also some members on the other would not be compatible with the format of this forum.

Just my thoughts
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Barry I think we're a long way away from amalgamating the two forums.
I admit that in some ways it'd be ideal but the freedom to choose one or the other or even both needs to be maintained for now.
I'd be very hesitant to introduce some (most?) of the rules on Rodney's (yours?) forum onto members here.
2 major differences are .... no copyright here... post what you like until a complaint is received of infringement, and discussions on plumbing and electrical are welcome without being chased off by the fun police. (I said discussion, not doing)
As far as George's quote ........... how dare a Chairperson that is within minutes of being replaced have the audacity to say what he did? Shows the character of the man. (In my opinion)
And a little bit that Barry left out .......... YES, it was the previous Chairperson that said it.......... not Garry Lee the new Chairperson.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Well said Brian & Bruce.

Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

I belong to both forums enjoy reading & posting on same, I also often read the caravan forum I can't see any reason to only have one, we should all have choice as to where we want to be.

I have no problem with either forum, read what you want & skip the rest.
Shirley & Bruce.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

I don't personally think the CMCA will ever have a (open) forum, wasn't the quote to just have links to the two established forums?
As Brian said it would alienate all those with caravans, who are not CMCA members plus as said those that don't want to be CMCA members.
Including me.
As is suits me.
I agree also with Shirley as I also use the other forum plus some not mentioned here.
Bernie.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I know there was talk of the cmca owned and controlled forum reopening, but with a different crew at the controls, the previous crew would be welcome to rejoin as members but the would be the limit of their control. I'm guessing they would not be very happy with that out come :lol: There was also talk of electing members to the admin area and limited terms in office to make the control more democratic, but all that is just talk at the moment.
Would I rejoin the CMCA if the forum was re established under the new guise, I'd say probably yes, would I remain here and on the CF, definitely, would I want to be part of an amalgamated AMH and OzeRVnews forum, not particularly but it would depend on how openly it was run, the first signs of censorship or Koala actions (protected species) and I'd drop out.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

If the IT crew who built the "for sale" section are going to do the forum, I for one would not bother.
Hopeless
dapope

Post by dapope »

Barry I see you have not raised this one one your forum.
I think leave things as they are.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I can live comfortably on this forum - never abused for being wrong!
But, if you think I am wrong just say so. ;)
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774