Where do we all go when the CMCA forum reopens?

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Cuppa

Re: Where do we all go when the CMCA forum reopens?

Post by Cuppa »

I agree with you Shirley & Bruce. As a member of the old CMCA forum from the time of it’s predecessor (a bulletin board) right though to it’s closure by a previous board I felt the loss of ‘my’ community as keenly as anyone & perhaps more than most. Some may recall that I was openly critical of the way in which subsequent boards ran the show. However times have changed. The ‘old school’ no longer dominate. It is, I believe, time to re-evaluate some long held views.

Of course it is unrealistic to expect that any board will meet just a single set of expectations, they have to ‘govern’ for all members. Therefore I think it wise not to immediately fall back upon the old criticisms at the first hint of any decision not meeting personal expectations, but rather to evaluate the bigger picture with an open mind.

With regard to ‘Once bitten (twice shy) - if I, with my forum history can find it possible to give another chance, I’d reckon that anyone could.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Go forum
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Are you sure that trolls are green Martin?
Better watch out for the big billy goats too
The billy goat in my story had a beard.
Dot

Post by Dot »

hint hints are flying now, come on crew work it out :) I reckon that j-d and Cuppa are mods incognito :) :) really who gives a toss who they are as long as they do the job as it should be done (like here) :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Craig

Post by Craig »

The board wasn't the only problem with the forum, let's not forget the GOB's. You have to wonder whether it will be a reunion of the good old boys. Either way it won't matter to me as I have no intention of going back at present. The CMCA forum was the reason I remained a member but after its closure and the way the members were treated it would take more than just reopening the forum to draw me back. I now get on with my motorhome lifestyle and enjoy it a whole lot more not dealing with some of the fools on there.
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

Now now Dot, having met both Jon & I you know what we look like, & thus know very well that neither of us are in the new mod group.
Last edited by Cuppa on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot, If Jd and Cuppa are in that photo they must be hiding under the table, either that or an imposter has been hosting the Taggerty gathering since its inception.
But I do agree, who gives a rats about the mods so long as they do the job in a fair and impartial manner.
Edit.. See Dot, Cuppa agrees with me.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

he he I love you boys, with modern make up and transgender stuff how do I know if that girl on the R with the long hair isn't Cuppa with his hair dyed?? Imagination is such a good thing. and how do we know that little spunky j-d isn't wearing a fat suit???
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I just hope they have thick skins but open minds... and do work as a team like we do here..... when it looks like trouble we just redirect it to Bruce :lol: with our thoughts on the matter attached of course, seems to have worked ok so far and thankfully Bruce has very broad shoulders and a strong back :)
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Thank you T1!!! It's not the strong back but backside I'm worried about ...... ordered back for a second go..........
Craig is really on the ball! Most knew it was the squad that brought it down in the end.
Who else would ban me, Cuppa and other decent folks?? lol haha
Definitely wouldn't have been Dianna .........
After all she DID say ..........
[QUOTE]
Rest assured that the Forum will be unlocked as soon as the review is complete with, as you said, “moderators who understand the processes of democracy”.

Regards

Diana Worner
[UNQUOTE]
BruceS
Mannum, SA