Australia Paints P/L

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
maddie dog

Australia Paints P/L

Post by maddie dog »

I have been trying to contact Australian Paints, Re there heat/Barrier paints etc, however I can't ring them or I had no replies to e/mails (Beenleigh Qld Address) have they got a new address or gone out of buisness please help, a email address or Phone number would be good.

Thankyou Graham Q84402
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Australia Paints P/L

Post by T1 Terry »

Welcome to the forum Graham. Hopefully someone will have the info you are looking for shortly, are they the ones that sell It's So Cool? I seem to remember they were based up that way some where. It's a while ago I bought my last lot but they were quick to reply then so hopefully they are still around, the product worked brilliantly.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
shonky

Post by shonky »

Hi, all

Graham - go to their website to send emails. Never fails.
See you on the back roads,
shonky et al.
cedtrains

Post by cedtrains »

I was in touch with them a few weeks ago. Gary was very helpful. Just go via the web site and you will get an answer fairly quickly.
Rob
Rob and Ruth
"The Road Less Traveled"
95 Coaster LWB
Gold Coast
Dot

Post by Dot »

along the same lines as OP
George has been cleaning the bus roof and said he will have to redo the insulation paint stuff. He used Astec paints EC100 dirt guard last time. What have others used ?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:47 pm along the same lines as OP
George has been cleaning the bus roof and said he will have to redo the insulation paint stuff. He used Astec paints EC100 dirt guard last time. What have others used ?
Is it the insulation paint that needs a recoat or the sealer that goes on top to keep the dirt out? Got caught out with the clear sealer coat myself, had heaps of it so decided to put multiple coats on, even though the paperwork said it wasn't advisable ..... well, I read the directions after the problems appeared, but that's beside the point :lol: It seems if the clear layer is too thick, it separates from the insulation layer and starts to peal off or flake. A single touch up coat seems to have solved the problem, but getting the insulation coat clean enough to not look patchy wasn't the easiest task .... lots of truck wash and rinsing with clear water until it came up reasonably clean, then cover it over with cotton sheets tolet the water out but not let the dirt back in ... or the whole process needs to be repeated .... some seem to take longer to learn than others :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot, I did the Winny roof about 6 months ago. Used a product called Globalcote, available from all Taubmans dealers. It is a two part process. They can supply the primer in two or six litres cans. The topcoat only comes in 15 litre cans i think.
May not be exactly what you are after, but i found it to be successful on the EPDM rubber roof that a lot of m/homes have. The topcoat is supposed to have the little glass micro-spheres already in it.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks Terry & David have found the leftover can of the ec100 enough to re coat the roof, the ec100 is still sound but a bit dull after 11 years.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Could be on their xmas break Graham.
Dot

Post by Dot »

bus roof.JPG
Wow what a grubby roof. Top right corner is after a good clean and repainted.
Top Left is just washed.
Rang the company and they said can repaint but the area MUST be clean and dry and not under trees until completely dry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.