Car insurance Quotes

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Re: Car insurance Quotes

Post by Dot »

insurance002.jpg
Don't think these are the right ones to go with if you read the PDF file eg If someone hits you and they are not insured this lot will pay you $3k :shock: also the "after market accessories part is somewhat weird as most of these things are bog standard these days :? :? Have a read...

Thank you for considering cover with Progressive.

A Progressive policy provides cover throughout Australia whether being driven or legally towed behind your motorhome.

In the event of claim, you may call 1300 CLAIMS (1300 252 467). We have representatives staffed 24 hours a day 7 days a week to allow you the ability to lodge your claim on the weekends, holidays, and outside of business hours, but the claims officer who will be assigned to handle your claim will be available by phone Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm AEDT.

Alternatively, you also have the option to save $25 off your excess by lodging your claim online at http://www.progressiveonline.com.au.

For more information about our claims process including the phone number, please see pages 12-18 of our Product Disclosure Statement.

http://www.progressiveonline.com.au/App ... DF/PDS.pdf

Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Craig

Post by Craig »

We emailed them asking for a phone number so we could talk to a them but the response was that they could only be dealt with online. We haven't had to make a claim so I can't comment any further on that. But I am happy with my decision to give them a go.
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
Boblebago

Post by Boblebago »

Dot ask Tanks if he would recommend KT after how they handled his claim when he was at 40 Mile.
I know what his answer will be.
Geoff
Dot

Post by Dot »

Yeah I know Tanks wasn't too impressed with the TK mileage thing and also we have to consider that neither of us are mechanically minded so I reckon we bite the bullet and go with the devil we know as right now we have a car in the garage we can't use as not insured. (this was for the car insurance and IF anything really nasty happens we do get a hire car so it was KT today Thanks to all for their responses.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Did you try Apia or Youi?
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Youi don't do motorhomes yet I asked on Monday.
Bernie.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Boblebago wrote:Dot ask Tanks if he would recommend KT after how they handled his claim when he was at 40 Mile.
Geoff

"tanks" here---
I would recommend Ken Tame and his lot.
The $600 towing cap was a very fair amount.
I had quotes from tow companies from $800 up to $3,600, and no doubt if I had left it to Ken Tame to organise the tow they may have been given a lower quote from a towing company, however I had the rush to get the Sprinter on the way to Perth so I accepted a pick-up/loading time in 30 minutes--a bit of a rush-- but the alternative for the much lower quote was loading in 4 days time when the drop deck trailer would be available in Karratha.
I AM VERY PLEASED WITH KEN TAME .
I have had another recent claim for a broken large side window on the Sprinter and no problem; Just pay the $100 excess and have the repair invoice sent direct to the office.
The deal so far:---A new Fiams 45-S Awning, the 1,600 km tow to Perth, the broken window.I would like to believe that I won't have any further claims for a while.
I am well ahead on this policy !
My premium payment for the year cover is $700 odd,
YES, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND KEN TAME.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Jim

Post by Jim »

BernieQ wrote:Youi don't do motorhomes yet I asked on Monday.
Bernie.
But the original poster was asking about car insurance which they do do.
Boblebago

Post by Boblebago »

Keith Morris wrote:
Boblebago wrote:Dot ask Tanks if he would recommend KT after how they handled his claim when he was at 40 Mile.
Geoff

"tanks" here---
I would recommend Ken Tame and his lot.
The $600 towing cap was a very fair amount.
I had quotes from tow companies from $800 up to $3,600, and no doubt if I had left it to Ken Tame to organise the tow they may have been given a lower quote from a towing company, however I had the rush to get the Sprinter on the way to Perth so I accepted a pick-up/loading time in 30 minutes--a bit of a rush-- but the alternative for the much lower quote was loading in 4 days time when the drop deck trailer would be available in Karratha.
I AM VERY PLEASED WITH KEN TAME .
I have had another recent claim for a broken large side window on the Sprinter and no problem; Just pay the $100 excess and have the repair invoice sent direct to the office.
The deal so far:---A new Fiams 45-S Awning, the 1,600 km tow to Perth, the broken window.I would like to believe that I won't have any further claims for a while.
I am well ahead on this policy !
My premium payment for the year cover is $700 odd,
YES, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND KEN TAME.

Keith that's what I was getting at, I thought you got a good deal, how many other insurance companies pay for towing to repair engines.

Regards Geoff
Dot

Post by Dot »

Yes Jim did the Youi thing and they were all within $20 of each other at $540.
KT came in at $460 so he got the job but will be checking every year.