To Shampoo or not to shampoo Ichy Pets

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
Dot

To Shampoo or not to shampoo Ichy Pets

Post by Dot »

In all these posts I take out the name of the product and put in XXX instead so if you want to know where I get these articles from (with their permission) and the products just pm me I have no affiliation with them apart from their products are excellent and all my animals have thrived plus I find you can ask any questions and they will answer you :)

To shampoo or not to shampoo…itchy pets, allergies & the summer heat

Summer is officially here and, along with the sunny days and extreme temperatures, there is an increased incidence of allergies in our pets. Just like humans, dogs can react to allergens in the environment that are most common during the summer months. While it may be tempting to repeatedly shampoo your pet’s coat (especially if they’re rolling in the mud to keep cool or experiencing allergy issues) it’s important to know that this can actually make your pet’s allergies worse.

What causes allergies?

Pets can be allergic to many things, including fleas and certain types of food. One in 10 dogs gets some type of skin reaction from allergens in the air, although most are caused by diet.

So, how do you tell if your pet’s allergy is diet or environment related? A telltale sign is the time of year the allergy occurs. Sometimes a food related allergy will present itself all year round, while season-related allergies often flare up during the warmer months of spring and summer.

Signs your pet has allergies...

Like us, a runny nose, watery eyes, coughing and sneezing can also affect our four-legged friends, as can sinus infections and chest infections. However, by far the most common sign of a seasonal allergy in pets is skin irritation. The skin will become inflamed and itchy and as a result your pet may start scratching at their skin or chew affected areas in an attempt to gain relief.

Shampoo and pets with allergies...

I recommend that you don't use regular chemical-based shampoos on pets suffering summer allergies. Frequent bathing of a pet with harsh, soapy shampoos can dry out and irritate the skin. Pet shampoos can be very harsh and can unbalance the body’s PH levels making your pet’s itch worse and allowing the overgrowth of yeasts. This creates an environment where the skin’s oil glands are over stimulated which can, in turn, create an odour, often tempting owners to rewash their pet or use more shampoo, which only makes the itchiness worse and exacerbates oil over-production.

The alternative to traditional shampoos: XXX Dry Pet Shampoo

The perfect alternative to using a regular shampoo on pet's suffering allergy-related skin conditions is an all-natural dry shampoo like my XXX Dry Shampoo.

Our product of the week, XXX Dry Shampoo is freshly scented with all natural ingredients to minimise irritation to the skin.

I recommend using this XXX product alongside my three step skin program, to help manage your pet’s skin allergies.

WE ARE FAMOUS :)
Testimonial of the Week: Dot Beaumont and Brian

"My name is now Brian! I was Bran but my new mum said it sounded like a breakfast cereal so now I live the Life of Brian.

"I was a shelter kitten until adopted two months ago. I had cat flu and ear mites but I have had the best of care and I am on the mend.

"I used to fart and my breath was just awful due to the poor quality food I had been eating and also the fact I was hand raised. I am now on XXX Cat & Kitten Health Roll along with the XXX Complete Mix and my weight is up 1.5kg and my wind and breath aren't nearly as bad."
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: To Shampoo or not to shampoo Ichy Pets

Post by T1 Terry »

Wool wash is very good for skin allergy effected dogs and also help with flea control. Flaxseed oil in the food also helps a lot, just a few tips we have found that seem to work well with Crunchie
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

sheep dog is she then :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote:sheep dog is she then :)
Only with very small sheep :lol: The wool wash stops her from shrinking as well, although a bit of shrinkage around her midriff section wouldn't go astray......
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

T1 Terry wrote:
Dot wrote:sheep dog is she then :)
Only with very small sheep :lol: The wool wash stops her from shrinking as well, although a bit of shrinkage around her midriff section wouldn't go astray......
I could have told you about NO shrinkage as I did a secret experiment some yrs ago, just another scam :roll: BUT funnily enough it DID work on the G man :? :?