Aussie Day

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
Greynomad

Re: Aussie Day

Post by Greynomad »

Attended the local Community Oz Day Breakfast, mounted by the R'glen Rotary Club.
Citizen of the Year awards etc... free sossidge sizzle, free coffee/tea, long speeches. :roll:
However, we sat with friends & had a good ol' chinwag. :D
Got home & played Farmer Ray with the ride-on mower. :P
Relax time since about 1400h... a glass of wine, a good book, and sat outside in the warmth on our comfy camp lounges.
BBQ Rack of Lamb with all the roast veggie trimmings for dinner tonight... ;) :D

A great way to celebrate the landing of my Boat People ancestors - guests of HM - but not the first lot.
(Not eligible to join the Fellowship of First Fleeters... my ancestors were on the Second Fleet!) :cry: :lol:
SWMBO's came later... paid for tickets!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
dream4red

Re: Aussie Day

Post by dream4red »

AS Shirley said. it was piss-istantly raining over the lake, but our spirits were not dampened. We wandered down the road to the community BBQ and had a delicious fresh bacon and egg sanga and had lots of chats with various neighbours and then had the rest come to coffee on our verandah (to watch the bloody rain as it got heavier and heavier). Looks like a wettish week ahead for us, but at least we had a good Aussie Day and the loonies with the overpowered, over noisy tinnies stayed at home (for a quiet change). xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life