Nag Nag Nag and what do yu get? DUMP POINTS

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Dot

Nag Nag Nag and what do yu get? DUMP POINTS

Post by Dot »

Good afternoon Dot,

Thank you for your email received at Council on 6 January 2015 regarding access to dumping points for travellers visiting our district.

Council is aware of the communities desire to install free public dump points to provide access for recreational vehicles users who have self contained waste systems and acknowledge that the number of recreational vehicles in the tourism sector is increasing with more people seeking different camping options in self contained vehicles.

I am pleased to inform you that Council at it's meeting held on Monday 19th January 2015, endorsed a staged approach to becoming a more Recreational Vehicle Friendly Council.
During the remainder of this financial year(2014/15), Council will be installing dump points at Langhorne Creek (public toilets on Bridge Road), Lakala Reserve at Port Elliot and Bristow-Smith Reserve at Goolwa. Next financial year (2015/16) Council will aim to install dump points at both Strathalbyn and Mt Compass to cater for the needs of Recreational Vehicle users that our visiting our region.

I trust you will find the above outcome a positive step forward in providing free access for recreational vehicle users.

Kind Regards,
Danae Cates
Personal Assistant
Alexandrina Council
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Re: Nag Nag Nag and what do yu get? DUMP POINTS

Post by supersparky »

Dot, That is brilliant. Congratulations on getting something done. I do hope they follow through with next years projected works as well.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Wrong way to go about it though Dot.
You should have been advising them to co-ordinate it with CMCA so the council will get subsidised.
Hardware provided and installed only at council expense.
I would have thought Pott's Reserve should have been first in line but then I guess it'd be problematic as there's no connected sewage system there at all.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Good one Dottie, can I have a copy of the nag nag nag letters so I can throw then in the direction of our local council, it's appalling that the Shellharbour area only has 1 dump point and that is at a commercial caravan park
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

No Bruce my first letter was a bitch session about their dump fees and not having the manners to reply to not only my email but to Helens as well BUT I have replied to them with the cmca's scheme so I reckon I have done a bloody good job considering that the other mob never followed up after I got the council to ok 2 free camps a few yrs ago BUT the other mob told me I was NOT to act on their behalf so my answer to them is F O and do it yourself. :roll: Thank you David :D Terry Strathalbyn council nearly all reside down Victor way so a lot of the ratepayers $$ goes down there.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Dear Danae,
Yes I am very pleased to hear the good news about the new proposed dump points in the area. Are you aware that the CMCA are helping councils install free dump points for the RV travelling public and they also subsidise their instalment? I along with many other RV travellers believe that Strathalbyn should have a free dump point installed before some of the mentioned areas as more people shop and spend more $ in Strath than the other towns apart from VH (at a pinch) By applying for Strath to become an RV friendly town there are great benefits to be had but the council need to be open to providing more amenities, in the end they will reap the rewards. I shall be passing your letter onto the motor home forum/club for their information. Thank you once again for your good news.
Regards.
Dot Beaumont.

FYI This was my reply, thought I had put it up before
aussiegirl

Post by aussiegirl »

Certainly sounds positive Dottie.

It seems that Dottie has indeed gone about it the RIGHT way Bruce, because she has indeed advised council about the CMCA scheme and also forewarned them that they will be expected to put in more infrastructure if they wish to become a CMCA RV friendly town. As Dottie also mentioned in her post, she previously let CMCA know about the council being open to allowing 2 free camping spots, but the CMCA got their nose out of joint and told her that she was not to represent the CMCA, and after that, no one from the CMCA contacted the Council. So why would she contact the CMCA first this time?? It seems to me that Dottie's letter has already paved the way for CMCA to negotiate an already willing council, rather than either waiting for the council to contact them about a dump point that the council has no idea that they need, or wait for someone at CMCA to send out one of their scouts to suss out possible dump point sites, and hope that they actually look at Strathalbyn, which could take forever, possibly never.

Now both the council and the CMCA will be singing from the same songsheet and the benefit will be, hopefully, a lot less time for the dump points to eventuate

Well done Dottie I say :D
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Strathalbyn has a very good free camp - or so someone from the council whispered. :o :o
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Dot

Post by Dot »

Steve That would that be Potts reserve at Langhorne creek?, recently they tried to get it shut down as some twats can't see the benefits it brings to their town. Every morning there is a procession of vans etc that have spent the night out there into Strath where they spend even more $$$$. Can't put a dump point down there as too close to the river that floods just about every year.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Brilliant work, my dear...you done real good (to quote your friend Mrs Brown)
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life