Our Journey of a different type for 2015

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
GregnDee

Re: Our Journey of a different type for 2015

Post by GregnDee »

We are both thinking of you and this journey you are taking....hoping that all turns out well.

Hard to know what to say under these circumstances.

Pece.

Dee nd Greg
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Hi Everyone do hope you all had a safe and Happy Easter. Well we are about to embark on the next part of our journey with Kiara, her recovery from surgery was to plan with no set backs except for the stuff up with the Peter Mac's physiotherapy department but this is now sorted, this is needed to help with the recovery movement of her arm after the surgery. We were also able to finally get results and now have a name to the type of B/C but it was not quite what we wanted to hear but it is what it is and we will deal with it. Kiara has a rare Breast Cancer (only 10%) called a "Triple Negative" this is an aggressive type of cancer and it is a stage 3.this type of B/C is often common when a person carries the BRCA1 Gene so we are having the tests done could change the treatment plan. So our fight has just got a little harder but we will be OK. We have had a few more tests and procedures for Chemo to start on Monday it will be a gruelling 6 months ahead, after which she will need a few weeks of Radiation . We are all looking for a good outcome and remaining positive just going to be one hell of a ride.
Thankyou everyone for your kind thoughts and best wishes it is greatly appreciated to know that there are so many caring people in this crazy world of ours.

Will sign off now and only pop in once in awhile . So once again thanks everyone.

Cheers Ros.
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Knowing what you are fighting makes the treatment at least better targeted. Hope all continues to go well for you. We have a friend in Melbourne who is treated at the Peter Mac facility and she is still plugging on 15 yrs after they said it looked too close to call, so they must be good at what they do.
Our thoughts and best wishes are still with you all for a steady recovery resulting in a clean bill of health, easier to handle in the long run than the roller coaster rapid ups and downs.

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

We are keeping you all in our thoughts, Ros, and hoping for a great outcome for Kiara.

Cheers
Lesley
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Best Wishes for a wonderful outcome, keep strong & think positive.
Shirley & Bruce.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Ros, love and hugs are on their way for you and Kiara. You are both in my prayers. xxxxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Hi Everyone, Just an update for those who are interested. Kiara is doing well and she is amazing us with her outlook and determination and fight. We have had a couple of up's and downs and at this very moment I guess we are in the middle. :? Kiara has had 4 rounds of Chemo 3 weeks apart and handle it quite well, the first week of each treatment she was not so good so I have been staying with her as her partner works night shift, she didn't like being alone at night. The other two weeks she was able to work most days. We had a scan halfway though and they found a shadow on her liver from the MRI this rocked our world, so more tests, including a Pet Scan a CT scan and ultra sound and nothing was found so a big ? is above our heads. Because of this we are now being treated very aggressively just in-case, so she is now into week 4 of 12 weekly rounds of Chemo, and all is going to plan she is able to work for about 3 days each week, her work place are just wonderful to her. We will have another Scan in about 2 weeks to see if they can find this elusive shadow on the liver or to see if it has disappeared.( They are unable to do a biopsy due to where they think it is) Between Ballarat Oncology department and Peter Mac in Melbourne we can not get an agreement between all the experts looking after Kiara, so no real answers for us. So we are just taking it day by day reading everyone's travels and living our dream through you all.
Kiara's work mates are planning a trivia night next week to raise funds for her to tick off a few things on her bucket list and we have been blown away from the response of business in and around Ballarat.
Ivan and I are doing OK we have our good days and bad days but keeping busy with things around the house we have finished paving the backyard looks fantastic, THE BOSS has extended his shed yet again :roll: :lol: :roll: and has now moved inside to rip apart my laundry and bathroom, we find that by keeping busy our days go a lot faster also doing our share of babysitting.

For all you out and about and travelling please stay safe and have fun. If I can find a photo of our backyard will post a photo for you.

Cheers Ros and Ivan..
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Our thoughts are with you all, Ros, Ivan and Kiara and family. Hoping for a great outcome for you all. Stay strong!

Cheers
Lesley
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Agree stay strong & Best Wishes for a great outcome for Kiara.
Shirley & Bruce.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Good luck Ros.....

Here's a trick for the PET scans; I had one earlier on.

They are a full body scan and start at the toes and move in about 10cm steps. While your lying there, you start to wonder how long it takes and how long to go.

Well, after a few dog and cats, I reckoned it takes about a 1.5 minutes to do each 10cm scan, so you can start to estimate where it is on your body and how much distance it has to go, and then workout the time left.

For me, it was something to focus on when lying there.

Again, good luck for the future.

jd