Our Journey of a different type for 2015

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Ros20549

Re: Our Journey of a different type for 2015

Post by Ros20549 »

Hi Everyone well things have been a little quite for a while as we got on with treatment, Kiara finished her Chemo about 4 weeks ago and the news was, some good,some not so good, her chest spot is stable which is good but the " there it is" "there it is not liver spot" is there again, this time it has halved in size which in its self is good but it also proves to them that it is in fact a cancer spot so that puts us back at stage 4 so that was a bit of a blow for all of us..
We have had a bit of a break Kiara going to Cairns with her partner for a few well earned R&R days and Ivan and I hooked the van up and ran away for 12 days, not long enough but all we could manage.
Today we start another Journey we have been down to Peter Mac to be assessed for a new ground breaking Clinical Trail for Triple Negative Breast Cancer and are happy to say Kiara starts in the program in about 3 weeks time, it will mean another 6 to 7 months of treatment but we are all feeling very positive. The drug they are trailing is the same one they have successfully used recently for secondary Melanoma , and from tests so far they are very hopeful it will work on Secondary Triple Negative. so finger crossed. So our journey of a different type continues for awhile yet.
To keep ours minds focused we are still doing reno's around the house, have just completed the laundry and now the bathroom is been stripped out for a complete upgrade.
Hope everyone is travelling well and enjoying the great outdoors and taking in the scenery for us as well.

Cheers Ros and The Boss.

PS. The shed even got another extension, want say its the last !! as this was the 4th but who knows what is has in mind,he is running out of room so has to stop soon. :? But maybe just maybe it will be the first shed with an upstairs extension. :roll: :lol: :roll:
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Good luck with the next round, Ros. Hope it all goes well.

Cheers
Lesley
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Yes, I agree very Best Wishes for the new treatment, hope the trial outcome is successful.
Shirley & Bruce.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

All the best hopes and wishes Ros, I do hope that the new treatment goes well.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Ros,
I know what you & Kiara are going through.
I was on every drug trial going; my philosophy: "what can I lose" - although the Thalidomide trial was a bummer, dropped like a hot brick because of the high number of negative reports on side-effects (including mine).
Then they stripped out the active ingredient - what a difference! - I'm still on it 8 years later.
Newer drugs have come along in the past 2 years, but my new Oncologist is of the same ilk as my previous (RMH) one:
The Jack Brabham Philosophy - If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
This 'new' drug, transferring from treating Melanomas to Breast Cancers, could give positive results beyond all expectations if the origins/growth patterns of the two cancers are similar. Your Oncologist may enlighten you on why they think it's a good prospect.
Whatever happens, know that all us Forumites are behind you & Kiara in this battle.
It CAN be won!

PS. You've given me an idea: a two-storey workshop! Hmmmm.... :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Greynomad wrote:Ros,
I know what you & Kiara are going through.
I was on every drug trial going; my philosophy: "what can I lose" - although the Thalidomide trial was a bummer, dropped like a hot brick because of the high number of negative reports on side-effects (including mine).
Then they stripped out the active ingredient - what a difference! - I'm still on it 8 years later.
Newer drugs have come along in the past 2 years, but my new Oncologist is of the same ilk as my previous (RMH) one:
The Jack Brabham Philosophy - If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
This 'new' drug, transferring from treating Melanomas to Breast Cancers, could give positive results beyond all expectations if the origins/growth patterns of the two cancers are similar. Your Oncologist may enlighten you on why they think it's a good prospect.
Whatever happens, know that all us Forumites are behind you & Kiara in this battle.
It CAN be won!

PS. You've given me an idea: a two-storey workshop! Hmmmm.... :D

Thankyou for your words we will keep you all updated as we go along this journey. So glad you are still going strong. Cheers Ros.
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hey Ros, tell Kiara to keep kicking the big C's ass. With all those great friends and work mates along with her un real attitude she will be fine. xx
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Hi all, How would you like some happy news. We received all the results from Kiara's pre clinical trial tests late today and she will not be going on the trial because as from today they are telling us she is Cancer Free yeah , so no reason to continue with the clinical trial, this is the first battle won not saying we have won the war but well on the way, it has been such a hard year for Kiara and our family and we are very proud of the way she has handled all of this and the treatment, she still has a way to go to regain her health, it will take some time but with the love of the family and her wonderful and beautiful friends she will get there. She now has 3 months off before going back to Peter Mac for follow up scans. So with this news we are planning one hell of a Xmas and the van might just get a dusting off and we just might run away for a few weeks after Xmas. Have a great night everyone. Love and Cheers Ros and THE BOSS (Ivan).
Dot

Post by Dot »

About time you had some good news, congratulations to you all, now all of you need to relax and enjoy. I shall have a tipple or two to celebrate. (tomorrow night) xxx :) :) :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Ros, That is great news. I hope that things keep going your way.
Enjoy the Xmas trip.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.