Just interested

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Just interested

Post by Dot »

If I had a complaint about a product and was addressing it via email and I had been posting the conversation on a forum (any forum) Do you think they (the other party) would be able to take legal action for doing so?? And NO it is not me but have heard about this happening, have also heard that some manufacturers like caravans regularly look on forums for complaints..
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Just interested

Post by BruceS »

You'd probably be OK if you used all the right words like ...
I believe it ............
In my case it looked like it ...........
It appeared to do ........
etc.
Until decisively determined in court that it WAS faulty, found to be faulty and proven it was faulty it's best to er on the side of caution I reckon.
If someone said "it definitely was faulty and is faulty in all other similar products" then I suggest you better be prepared to PROVE your statement in a court of law.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Yep, definitely wot the Boss man sed!
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Maybe if those manufactures do read the forums, they might actually know what they need to improve upon. My suggestions for improved customer service would be a great start.
To answer your q Dot, yes, sometimes it would pay for us all to be a big bit careful of what we all write here and in any other forum. xxxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

I googled a name (mine of course) and it led me to a post I had written about the trouble we were having with getting the bus roadworthy done and the SAPOL .
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

On another forum I go to there is a chap running down a certain Chinese Inverter because it's not doing as he expected.
He's really saying a little bit TOO much including a few Youtube videos etc.
Both him & the forum have received notices from Chinese Lawyers..............
You know how sometimes you receive emails that have a message on the bottom saying ....
"""""
This email message and enclosures are confidential, may contain legally privileged information and are intended solely for the named addressee(s). If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender by return email and delete all copies of this message from your computer network. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, copying, distribution or publication of this message and enclosures is prohibited. XXXX accepts no responsibility for the content of any email which is sent by an employee which is of a personal nature or which represents the personal view of the sender.
"""""

You gotta watch what you copy/paste/repeat out of them!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA