What requirements for gathering

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
generdawg

Re: What requirements for gathering

Post by generdawg »

Dot wrote:... gathering planned for July / August 2016
So does that mean that there is Nothing planned for July 2015?

dawg (rooly have to be on yer toes with this group - the years just flybuys. Must be a division of Woolworths!)
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
As a sugestion re a spot for the Forum activity in Queensland, have a look at the web site for Standown Park, which is between Gympie and Maryborough Qld.

I have mentioned this area before on the forum. [ I think it was www.standownpark.com.au] good pictures of the camping sites and good or special rates with a discount for ex-service and long term etc.

At that time (prior to the June/July 2014 40 Mile Beach WA gathering) the operators were prepared to make a special rate for Clubs etc.
I intend to camp there for a few months on my next around Australia trip sometime in 2015/16 with a visit to my Sister at Maryborough.

Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Standown Park has good flat camping with good facilities from memory, but it is a long way from anywhere, shops clubs etc. The only thing in walking distance is the state forest. I can't remember if there is a dump point, Lesley might remember.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
bob r

Post by bob r »

Another thought moura a good camp on the Dawson river, showers and toilets dump point and water in town seven Klms away,

Bob
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

bob r wrote:Another thought moura a good camp on the Dawson river,...
That's where I lost my beloved Muster July 2011. Count me out.
P1100550.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Dot

Post by Dot »

on the road again been on a very chilly road inland but now am up north of Rocky at a place called St Lawrence- a big free camping
area with hot showers for $1- meeting up with heaps of grey nomads some old friends and many more new ones - heaps of motohomes and caravans on the road all heading north- will try and post some pics of our new rig which is going great - not missing work at all - hi to all
This is from a friend there so ????? fees etc ????
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

generdawg wrote:
Dot wrote:... gathering planned for July / August 2016
So does that mean that there is Nothing planned for July 2015?
Yeah, I know dawg - the lights are on, but there's nobody home.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Has anyone been to Bedford Weir, the one just out of Blackwater recently??? We were there a few years ago and from memory it was OK.
Any comments???
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

Bedford Weir June 2011
Bedford Weir.jpg
Bedweir Algie.jpg
Bedford campsite.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Was there two years ago and two before that, it had changed there is now a bit more room they opened up the paddock to the right of the dunny/shower block.
We always (twice) go in if passing. We like the spot. Caretaker was soliciting for donations with a envelop and honesty box.
When last there caretaker was doing group meals at a cost. Not what I eat so can't comment on taste, and maybe a different caretaker now.
Have some good friends (caravaners) that we met there and still keep in touch.
Bernie.