What requirements for gathering

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Re: What requirements for gathering

Post by Dot »

This place sounds ok and not as far up as the others. And if you ask "up what" then figure it out yourselves :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

BernieQ wrote:Was there two years ago and two before that, it had changed there is now a bit more room they opened up the paddock to the right of the dunny/shower block.
We always (twice) go in if passing. We like the spot. Caretaker was soliciting for donations with a envelop and honesty box.
When last there caretaker was doing group meals at a cost. Not what I eat so can't comment on taste, and maybe a different caretaker now.
Have some good friends (caravaners) that we met there and still keep in touch.
Bernie.
Was the open fire ban and no emptying toilets/grey water in the toilet enforced? Thinking that maybe a fire drum made out of an old LPG tank might be considered an enclosed fire and get around the ban if needed. Maybe we could even dig a pit for a grey water dump if needed, but the cassette empties could be an issue.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Cant really remember but I think there is a dump point there.
But you don't need one anyway there are toilets.
There is a dump at Duranga (spelling)
Bernie.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Nice area up that way, not that far from Emerald and the gem fields, within a day trip anyway. My next door neighbour moved up that way during the mining boom, some where near Sapphire I think. We passed through that area when we attended the Barcaldine CMCA rally yrs ago... last rally we attended, just too big to enjoy any more as far as I was concerned
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

My selection is “BOOMI” NSW
Large CP owned by the Boomi Community Co-op.
Unpowered site $10
Powered site $18
Fires OK in containers [IE, choofers]
Every 4th night free, hot showers, clean Toilets [new], washing machine and dryer.
Next to, 1 half size Olympic pool, 1 children’s pool and a hot thermal pool [37-40oC]. $5 p/day.
Café / shop on site, 3 tennis courts 100m to the pub [cold beer and good food at night]
Diesel fuel only. Telstra phone OK, NO TV reception unless sat dish.
Tar road from either Moree NSW or Goondiwindi Qld.
NO DUMP POINT, nearest Moree or Goondiwindi, so arrive empty. :lol:
But not require as good toilets.

PeterH
PeterH
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

Just a note about Bedford Weir (about 25km out of Town). It is almost impossible to get into, especially a group, as has become very popular for RVs staying the whole of Winter. Very dusty site, and quite cold. We choose to stay at the recreation area in Town, but the entire area is suited to a short stay only.
Jon
Paramountcruiser

Post by Paramountcruiser »

Jon and Kay wrote:Just a note about Bedford Weir (about 25km out of Town). It is almost impossible to get into, especially a group, as has become very popular for RVs staying the whole of Winter. Very dusty site, and quite cold. We choose to stay at the recreation area in Town, but the entire area is suited to a short stay only.
Bedford Weir has a maximum stay of 7 days. See sign in an earlier post in this thread.
Neil
baysidetas

Post by baysidetas »

Bedford Weir

We were there about 2 years ago and it was certainly very dusty but enjoyed our stay of 3 days and are likely to return there sometime about late July during this year's meanderings.

Barrie
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Sounds good :D :D :D
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

OK, I'm going to add my 2 cents worth.
I'm not that sure that a "suitable" place will/can ever be found that will be exactly what fits everyone's criteria.
It's a wonderful world full of lots of different people that all have differing needs/wants/ideas.
Some would rather be in, or very close to, a metropolis with plenty of op shops, antique shops, bakeries, pubs an conducted tours.
On the other hand some of us wish to be many miles away from those EXACT places and simply just wish to get lost in an isolated, outback and remote area where nothing but some friendly company exists.
My suggestion is just pick out a place, make it final, stick to it and see who turns up.
Some of us will remember the split that happened with the get together at Wongulla/Strathalbyn?
I'm outta here....(hides)
BruceS
Mannum, SA