New Members

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
crockitt

Re: New Members

Post by crockitt »

The ute is 6 cylinder petrol to which I added an LPG conversion after we bought the rig secondhand. Auto transmission which works well. Barb and I are really happy with it We are currently waiting for a suspension repair before we can get on the road again Dave
Dot

Post by Dot »

Gee aren't they nosey Dave? :lol: Q/ what brand is your wheeler? local or import? any inside pics please?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
ALAN 41

Post by ALAN 41 »

Dot wrote:Gee aren't they nosey Dave? :lol: Q/ what brand is your wheeler? local or import? any inside pics please?
Nosey bugger. :twisted: :lol:

Shudda got a red one Dave.................they go faster. :D :D
crockitt

Post by crockitt »

Hi the van is a knudsen 22 foot long locally made at Nowra in 2003 but they have since gone out of business
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

There is a lot of room in there, looks very neat and well set up. I always get this image when I see the bed over at the front of that ladder climb to get into bed like in the C class Winnies but that look like virtually the normal set up for a bed, maybe a little higher but not much.

With the LPG set up, did you go for the liquid injection system or the vapour mixer at the throttle body? Are you happy with the performance on LPG?
Sorry about all the questions but I plan to run the big buss on LPG and I just want to get a feel from those using it on vehicles dragging a bit of weight.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Nice Dave, like the colour scheme... & the cutaway table.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks Dave, I did notice the different pelmet/curtain set up, interesting idea.. plenty of space in there.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
crockitt

Post by crockitt »

Hi Terry and Dot Barb has changed the pelmet arrangement to a curtain rail with slides that hook into the curtain that I find better.The LPG system is vapor induction to throttlebody will send some pics later. We could not afford this great travel life if we had to use petrol all the time.LPG economy when towing averages 4.3 kpl I am too lousy to have accurate petrol figures but will guess at 5 kpl will fill and do a couple of hundred ks when the suspension repairs are done and refill and check figures. I have found that there are a few installers who dont understand mixture adjustment which is important. they set the mixture too lean and this can lead to valve seat recession. Dave
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Valve recession is only an issue with cast iron heads as they don't have hardened seats, all alloy heads have hardened seats as do engines designed for unleaded.
4.3km/l is good travelling, I'll be happy if I get more than 2km/l in the big bus, the kombi gets 6.5km/l when I drive it hard, which is all the time I'm driving it :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
homeless

Post by homeless »

Terry "The kombi gets 6.5km/l when I drive it hard, which is all the time I'm driving it :lol:"
YEHHH
When was that :roll:
Have you got the new heart in the yellow terror yet or do I have to come back there and PUSH.
I hit the road again in a couple of days so watch out. I am off to find some water to dangle a line in for a few weeks
Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status