Bruxner Hwy

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
jon_d

Re: Bruxner Hwy

Post by jon_d »

Aren't they meant to be driven like they were stolen???
Busman

Post by Busman »

Yes, you MUST keep the revs up I have found, if you are heavy. VP is 17 tonnes and trailer around 4 so that is the limit for combined mass.
If you let it bog down it just dies. Anything below 1500 is very verboten, I try not to go below 1,800 but sometimes find the change to 5th at those sort of revs does not go smoothly, that particular change requires lots more rpm at that speed and it just doesn't feel that natural.
I am sure it will all come easily enough, that is the only one I fluff sometimes now, they tell me the next stage is clutchless changing, er, maybe...
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
bob r

Post by bob r »

Yes 2200 sounds about rite to me, drop back about 400 revs on a change up with a RR any higher they sound like they will explode. Clutchless is the way to go Bill just takes some practice.

Bob
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Bob I think William has a 6 speed Spicer in the bus.
I don't think they are a full crash box. I've never used one.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Busman

Post by Busman »

Yep they are a full crash box,I always though it was a non synchro (crash ) box or a synchro box and yes is a 6 speed spicer, but if you know where there is a 7 speed lying around...................
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

At 2500rpm the 92 would be screaming, a sniff of gas up around those revs will be quite noticeable. feed it in as a liquid between the turbo and blower would be the easiest but if you can make up spray bars under the blower and feed in as a liquid there you could get the injectors backed off a bit, or just ease up on the noise pedal till the black smoke is hardly visable, big torque increase then as it will hold the higher revs and should pull down to 1200rpm as the cold fuel will keep the turbo spinning, that is a very long power curve
at 2100 it is barely on 100 kph
ummm...... it's not a Ferrari :lol: it's a block of flats on wheels, pushing that much air faster than 100km/h takes a lot of fuel and develops a lot of heat

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

How is the injection going William? Will you use an EGT style probe/gauge too?
Busman

Post by Busman »

Haven't fitted yet, in Glen Innes at the minute for Minerama, with the extra radiator fitted we flew up here, on the way to Sydney for a class for my wife, then back to Brunswick Heads to see if we can get into Fleet again.
Am still thinking about adding the gas, is running so well now I wonder if it is worth it.
If you keep the revs up, no problems. I admit I would like a little more on the long slow hills, so maybe, time will tell.
Don't know if an exhaust gas temp gauge is necessary, we know it will run cooler and I would not use a kit that tries to add a graduated amount, the guys in the states with old GM's have had good success by just trickling a bit it ( 4 psi) for hills