Good morning daily

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Newcastle George

Re: Good morning daily

Post by Newcastle George »

Regarding my grey tank, neither Atlas Tanks nor Melro Tanks can help, still waiting on a reply from DIY Caravans. I may have to do some more searching.

George
Last edited by Newcastle George on Thu May 25, 2023 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Regarding my grey tank, neither Atlas Tanks or Melro Tanks can help, still waiting on a reply from DIY Caravans. I may have to do some more searching.

Look at the Atlas catalogue. They have round cornered diesel tanks.

Try a wrecker and get an ally fuel tank. Probably cheaper. or get a cheap caravan tank and make a new bracket. The old tank is sitting on a home made spacer anyway.

I use these in the bus. Modtank modular water storage. http://plumbingconnection.com.au/modtan ... r-storage/
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Jon, the old one was attached to the chassis with original brackets as shown below.
101_7547.JPG
As shown here, it has 60mm radius corners
101_7541.JPG
George
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

jon_d wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:59 pm https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale- ... tting.html?

bulkhead tank flange fitting
None of the pictures show's if they have o rings Jon, the piece in the tank with male fitting is ok, just the outside piece.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Bernie, you might have to remove the other bit from the tank and get a new whole fitting that's the same thread size.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

good morning everyone
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

No they don't. FIne observation Bernie. Maybe you need a "bulkhead tank flange fitting with 2 O rings."
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

supersparky wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:50 pm Bernie, you might have to remove the other bit from the tank and get a new whole fitting that's the same thread size.
Not going there Dave, you have no idea what's involved I have just finished putting them in, and would have to take both out to get this one out....I can put stuff on it and that would be a fix...I was wondering if I could find the original and fix it properly.
Bernie.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

jon_d wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:08 pm No they don't. FIne observation Bernie. Maybe you need a "bulkhead tank flange fitting with 2 O rings."
:o :lol: