What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Greynomad

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by Greynomad »

Dottie,
‘Ladies drawers’ comes from an interesting wrinkle in history.
Before about the late 1700s, ladies wore nothing under their voluminous dresses. Hemlines were at or lower than ground level.
When fashion (mainly French) dictated that hemlines should be at or above ankle level, ladies needed some ankle covering to avoid sending male observers into paroxysms of lust. Enter ‘Bloomers’ invented by Mrs Amelia Bloomer.
They were originally separate loose leggings held together at the waist by a DRAWSTRING.
This was shortened to drawers.
The name has stuck... even though the garment itself has shrunk just a bit. 😜
Here endeth the history lecture. 🤗🤭
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Thankyou Ray for all that valuable info!! ;) 8-)
One or 2 more draw to go.... draw the short straw!! (draw a cartoon)

OK, back to normal programming .....
Shampooed (is that a word Ray?) the carpets & got then dry in one day!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

BruceS wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:44 am Thankyou Ray for all that valuable info!! ;) 8-)
One or 2 more draw to go.... draw the short straw!! (draw a cartoon)

OK, back to normal programming .....
Shampooed (is that a word Ray?) the carpets & got then dry in one day!!
Bruce,
I don't want to be DRAWN into another controversy. :P
All I'll say is that :? it follows the rules of English grammar, so it's acceptable. :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Thursday I travelled to Sydney via Tigerair, trained out the Grandville and took possession of a new to me Prius .... yes another one. This one has all sorts of flash upgrades and a plug in electric battery pack making it a PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) Very nice unit, heated leather seats and all. Drove back as far as a rest area Narrandera side of Wagga and slept the night in the back on a newly purchased for the task air bed and sleeping bag. Continued on Friday morning, fuel up at Hay, 685km on 36 ltrs (electric plug in battery was exhausted by Marulan because it didn't get recharged before I left Sydney) arrived home in Mannum at 7pm, 720km on 39 ltrs. Charged the battery overnight and Margaret got her first drive on all electric to the servo (fuel light was flashing) this morning to fill it up again. Very happy with our latest purchase that will become a sort of demo vehicle for T1 Lithium of what is possible regarding upgrading any vehicle to hybrid plug in electric 8-)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
I make that 19.7km/litre......... :shock: (unless I did the division wrong way round, in which case it’s 0.052km/litre :lol: ) And you’ll probably improve on that by keeping the battery charged and in use. ;)
That’s even better than our Baleno’s consistent 17.4!
Ours is a 1.1litre turbocharged 6-speed Auto.
What’s the Prius’ engine/gearbox configuration?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Flintstone foot pedal gearbox 1 speed flatout down hill😇
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:42 am T1,
I make that 19.7km/litre......... :shock: (unless I did the division wrong way round, in which case it’s 0.052km/litre :lol: ) And you’ll probably improve on that by keeping the battery charged and in use. ;)
That’s even better than our Baleno’s consistent 17.4!
Ours is a 1.1litre turbocharged 6-speed Auto.
What’s the Prius’ engine/gearbox configuration?
1500cc petrol throttle body injection Atkinson cycle engine, single speed 2 electric motor/generator all permanently coupled to a planetary gear set. The computer determines what sections turns at what speed depending on conditions. Above 38km/h it spins the engine to avoid over speeding number 1 motor/generator but only supplies fuel when there isn't enough drive available from the electric motors/battery. Fascinating watching the display that shows just what is doing what at any given time, it will switch between 2 electric drive on battery power to 2 electric drive plus petrol engine power under high load, then change motor/generator 1 into a generator to use excess power developed by the engine while operating at its best efficiency, then cut the petrol and run on 2 electric motors again, then turn both electric motors into generators for regenerative braking if there is a slight down hill run or when slowing the vehicle.
The latest acquisition will actually travel in all electric as an option, recharging the in vehicle battery from the added battery pack until that battery pack is depleted, then it returns to normal hybrid operation.
The fellow we bought from had 1865km recorded from half a tank of fuel or 1.07ltr/100km because he had a relatively short commute as far as distance, but an hr or some actual travel time, so the majority of the time it ran in electric vehicle mode, only using the petrol engine where a hill start from traffic lights or out of a corner was involved.
I got to drive it today in electric vehicle only mode, it made it up the Mannum memorial hill while still maintaining the 50km/h so I'm really happy with that. Margaret drove it yesterday and took the back road that has a long hill immediately after a sharp left hand turn. It drove over the hill but struggled to hold 25km/h on the steep bit. The 2 electric motors can only produce around 20kW of drive power and although that is from a stand still start through to 86km/h I believe (haven't tried that out yet) it isn't a steep hill climber without a bit of a run up :lol: In blended mode as they call it, it eats any hill and overtakes like a much more powerful engined vehicle.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Mrcoolabah1au wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:22 am Flintstone foot pedal gearbox 1 speed flatout down hill😇
:lol: :lol: :lol: you iriot :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Thank you dotty😇
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
Sounds much more advanced than your ex-taxi Prius. And the dashboard display works! :P
:? Just make sure you watch the road more often than you watch the dashboard display!! ;)

By comparison, the Late Lamented Jim the Junior Jeep had/has a radio/CD player. Boring as hell to watch.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields