What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
pet-els

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by pet-els »

Newcastle George wrote:
BruceS wrote: George you might find the cheap way out is to run one off the alternator like I did on the civilian. I'm looking at around $150 for the Tiny Tach
Is it 12v or 24?
24 volt, Bruce.

George
Will that make it go better??

PeterH
PeterH
Dot

Post by Dot »

Gman wired up new LED reading lamp, installed the new tv, scrubbed all the walls, ceilings and floor plus inside all the cupboards and draws, might get around to replacing all the stuff we took out after the last trip. :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dapope

Post by dapope »

Dot wrote:Gman wired up new LED reading lamp, installed the new tv, scrubbed all the walls, ceilings and floor plus inside all the cupboards and draws, might get around to replacing all the stuff we took out after the last trip. :)
What did you do Dot? ☺
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

pet-els wrote:
Will that make it go better??

PeterH
No, but it may give me a more exact reason for my frustration.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I had a look to make sure the solar was recharging the Li battery after having the eleccy blanket on and the mozzie killer thing.... does that count? I glued the water tank for the coffee machine back together after I dropped, so it's sort of motorhome related.
I wonder if Ballarat Bill will come on and show off his new lithium and electrical install.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

dapope wrote:
Dot wrote:Gman wired up new LED reading lamp, installed the new tv, scrubbed all the walls, ceilings and floor plus inside all the cupboards and draws, might get around to replacing all the stuff we took out after the last trip. :)
What did you do Dot? ☺
I supervised of course, silly man :roll: :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Turned on the fridge in preparation for our getaway on Thursday.

PS. Not all of us are motorhomers, some of us drag our holiday homes behind us. ;-)

Cheers
Lesley
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

BruceS wrote:That shocky looks like it should 'clamp' the rubbers in the top and bottom? If so it might hammer those rubbers out pretty quickly.
It doesn't look like it's full width of that top bolt? -snip
Nicely spotted Bruce, yes its been a bit of a drama finding bushes. Original ones are VERY expensive but do come with a free shock absorber :lol:
The replacements are polyurathane, a lot tougher, part of a kit with steel bushes for another vehicle, but supplied individually if you ask the Supapro factory nicely. They kinda float around on the top mounts but are kept in reasonable alignment by the bottom mounts.
The axle assembly is held in place by Pittman (?) arms so it can't go anywhere -the shocks are allowed to move about. Its all heavy overkill for the current use, GVM 21.5 whilst the full mass as a motorhome will probably only go 10 or 12- but I will keep an eye on them for a while to be sure. ;)
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I'd put my money on the shocker eventually twisting the mount off. I would pack the gap with suitable washers so that it can't possibly slip sideways - otherwise it will.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

We had the windows in the Coaster re tinted, the old tint had started to peel off.
Bruce had to take two windows out on account of the kitchen came 1/3 of the way up the windows.
Shirley & Bruce.