What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Noggins

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by Noggins »

Dot wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:06 pm
Mrcoolabah1au wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:46 pm Were the fuel filter 🤔 or are you going dirty 🧐
Wayne G said he still has to do that so it doesn't get in his way of doing other things .
What ratio of kero to Diesel ? & and how often do you mix the two & with the fuel pump is the fuel outlet the same end as the electrical connection?
I only mix Kero with diesel @50% when doing a summer shut down, I don't go to places that are that cold where I have to use an Alpine Mix anymore, I run the heater full heat ( all doors and windows open ) and max Hz fuel for about 30 mins to clean out the combustion chamber and to stop algae forming in the fuel tank during summer.
The pump should have an arrow scribed on it for fuel flow, from memory the outlet is the same end as the wiring connection.

I always increase the cabling to the heater, fused, and put a switch to turn the whole thing off when not being used, the lights always on annoy me and the digital ones fade after a while.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Brucie2 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:09 pm Is that a wood floor that the exhaust pipe goes through?
Ask Brian how hot it gets!!!~
Brucie no it's not a wooden floor where the exhaust goes through is steel.
There is a wooden floor well above the body of the heater, if the body of the heater got hot hot that would melt first wouldn't it? Not all has been finished yet,
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Were are you getting the fresh air from [emoji848] in it out side the bus or else were [emoji3166]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dot

Post by Dot »

Coolabah1au wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:49 pm Were are you getting the fresh air from [emoji848] in it out side the bus or else were [emoji3166]

Fresh air for the combustion or fresh air inside the bus???
Bruce the batteries are AGM's and will also insulated from heat.

Noggins G likes your idea re a cut off switch.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

The heater in the picture looks like only one end connected [emoji848]

Dot

Post by Dot »

Coolabah1au wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:59 pm The heater in the picture looks like only one end connected [emoji848]

Correct Wayne, seeing as G hasn't finished the installation there are things that are still to be done :D :D
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

[emoji106][emoji120][emoji3166][emoji590]

Grandad

Post by Grandad »

supersparky wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:51 amThats looking pretty good Jim. Another couple of days and it will be good painting weather down your way.
Turns out you were 100% correct David,
IMG_20200829_152519.jpg
Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:06 pm
Mrcoolabah1au wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:46 pm Were the fuel filter 🤔 or are you going dirty 🧐
Wayne G said he still has to do that so it doesn't get in his way of doing other things .
What ratio of kero to Diesel ? & and how often do you mix the two & with the fuel pump is the fuel outlet the same end as the electrical connection?
10% kero minimum, these diesel heaters were designed to run in Europe on winter fuel that contains a fairly high ratio of kero, but 10% minimum will help stop the igniter and combustion chamber coking up. Anyone remember the old oil heaters that a lot of houses were fitted with? They ran on heating oil, a much more refined diesel product, if you tried to run them on diesel the whole heater would carbon/coke up and fail to function after a few tanks full requiring a complete strip down and decoke. These diesel heaters use a similar idea so they coke up on neat diesel.
Unfortunately the govt of the day got greedy and decided to tax heating oil and that was the end of that product, so a mix of kero and diesel is the next best thing. If it wasn't so expensive, running on neat kero would be the best option, but the cost is prohibitive.
I have heard of people buying up contaminated Jet A fuel, this is really well refined kero, once the water is separated it works well as a kero substitute at a much better price. I'm not endorsing this as a solution, just passing on the information.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Brucie2 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:47 pm OK
Yep.
I'd wrap some lagging around that short length of exhaust pipe between the floor of the bin up to the heater. I see you have a battery (or 2?) in there too?
What type of "lagging" would you boys suggest ?