3 way Dometic fridge/freezer

Any items that you wish to sell or otherwise rid yourself of can be placed in here.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

3 way Dometic fridge/freezer

Post by T1 Terry »

I have a 3 way Dometic RMD 8551 fridge/freezer roughly 2yrs old, still works fine, Gordon and Wendy just wanted a bigger fridge/freezer that didn't require gas. It is the model with the rounded front doors, silver panels and a booster fan on the back.
Asking price is $1500, it is in the workshop at Mannum so you can either pick it up from here or arrange a courier to your place.
Last edited by BruceS on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added a word for you!
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
bobk

Re: 3 way Dometic fridge/freezer

Post by bobk »

Hey Terry, I'm waiting on the Waeco fixers to get back to me about mine and just wondered if this is still available. If the Waeco is beyond fixing I will be looking for a substitute. Of course the Dometic is the wrong shape and size and it isn't a compressor model but, you never know, I may have to replace mine with 'something'.
BobK
Bob and Lyn aka Mr & Mrs K.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

It is still here, hasn't actually been a path worn to the door of people wanting to inspect it or anything. It is in good nick and only 2 yrs old, complete with book even.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
bobk

Post by bobk »

Thanks Terry but now hopefully won't need it. Picked up the fridge from the fixers today and brought it home but it isn't installed yet. They replaced the electronic module beside the compressor, finding that it intermittently produced the three flash code on the led. They also replaced the compressor cooling fan as it wasn't working. The fridge is good on the test bench with the new electronic module installed and they provided a data log to show the results. Saturday will hopefully see the fridge reinstalled and then it will get the in-house test. Cost $461 incl gst for what they did, with $289 for the electronic module as part of that. No complaint about that.
Bobk
Bob and Lyn aka Mr & Mrs K.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Whattayamean no complaints about that, I've got a complaint, that 3 way fridge is still in the workshop. I got all excited thinking it was going to a good home.... well and home for that matter :lol: